Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
Sounds interesting, I'd like to know why that is, but first, I need to finish an article on how easy the kindle is to operate one-handed.
You doing your own research? ;D Perhaps you need help since you are writing your other book on why Kindle Books Are So Expensive? Don't want you exhausting yourself and not having time for your Kindle. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gables Girl said:
You doing your own research? ;D Perhaps you need help since you are writing your other book on why Kindle Books Are So Expensive? Don't want you exhausting yourself and not having time for your Kindle. :)
Are you volunteering? I've got room for a researcher on the staff. ;D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
Are you volunteering? I've got room for a researcher on the staff. ;D
Since you said volunteer I'm guessing it isn't a paid position, so are there any perks? ;D Free dinners, balloon rides, tax deductions, trips? I work for a non-profit so I ask up front.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gables Girl said:
Since you said volunteer I'm guessing it isn't a paid position, so are there any perks? ;D Free dinners, balloon rides, tax deductions, trips? I work for a non-profit so I ask up front.
All that 'n punny rides on Maui! ..of course there's the fine print: you need to mix the drinks and promise not to have me killed by South American Generals..

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
All that 'n punny rides on Maui! ..of course there's the fine print: you need to mix the drinks and promise not to have me killed by South American Generals..
I'll be happy to mix the drinks, Mai Tais to start? And I don't know any South American Generals on Maui so you are safe. Count me in. ;D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okey-doke, you're in.  Just stay away from the cabana boys, half of 'em are ex South American Generals.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
Okey-doke, you're in. Just stay away from the cabana boys, half of 'em are ex South American Generals.
With the downturn in the economy they all went home so you are safe. Anyway I thought you were going to take care of my sunscreen. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gables Girl said:
With the downturn in the economy they all went home so you are safe. Anyway I thought you were going to take care of my sunscreen. :)
Indeed. Encender Sunscreeno Vaquero, at your service. But just the same, we'll take TM along as a decoy in the event there's any lagging cabana generals...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
*toasts TM* Not often ya can find somebody so selfless so's to jump inta harms way 'n take a mai-tai for a fella!  ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
*toasts TM* Not often ya can find somebody so selfless so's to jump inta harms way 'n take a mai-tai for a fella! ;)
Perhaps we've never met? ;)

Actually, it's damn hard to get a proper Mai Tai anymore, as few bars carry apricot brandy. When you find one, it's either 1) made from a powdered mix, or 2) actually a Hurricane... likely also made from a powdered mix.

Mai Tai's were my first legal drink. My mother took me out on my 18th b-day and got me hammered on them.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bacardi Jim said:
Went without sayin', Beej, knew we've got each other's back 'n wouldn't hesitate to take a mai-tai for one another ;)

B

·
0 Posts
If somebody tries to stick a Mai-Tai in your back... they're a really, really crappy bartender.

I eat crappy bartenders for breakfast.

(Thus my ongoing breath problem.)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bacardi Jim said:
If somebody tries to stick a Mai-Tai in your back... they're a really, really crappy bartender.

I eat crappy bartenders for breakfast.

(Thus my ongoing breath problem.)
Ha!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:

Actually, it's damn hard to get a proper Mai Tai anymore, as few bars carry apricot brandy. When you find one, it's either 1) made from a powdered mix, or 2) actually a Hurricane... likely also made from a powdered mix.

Mai Tai's were my first legal drink. My mother took me out on my 18th b-day and got me hammered on them.
Apricot Brandy in a Mai Tai, Jim you are rapidly losing your status with me as a rum cocktail drinker. I use the original Trader Vic's recipe the way my Daddy taught me.

The Original Trader Vic Formula - 1944

* 2 oz of 17-year old rum over shaved ice
* Add juice from one fresh lime
* 1/2 oz Holland DeKuyper Orange Curacao
* 1/4 oz Rock Candy Syrup
* 1/2 oz French Garnier Orgeat Syrup
* Shake vigorously.
* Add a sprig of fresh mint

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Gables Girl said:
Apricot Brandy in a Mai Tai, Jim you are rapidly losing your status with me as a rum cocktail drinker. I use the original Trader Vic's recipe the way my Daddy taught me.

* Shake vigorously.
That sounds good, GG. I'll bring the mint when the snow melts in my garden. Can you whip me up one or three?

L

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Leslie said:
That sounds good, GG. I'll bring the mint when the snow melts in my garden. Can you whip me up one or three?

L
Sure. :) When will your snow melt? I don't wnat to have to keep drinking the ones I make starting now while waiting for the mint. ;D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gables Girl said:

* Shake vigorously.
Hell with researcher, if you can cook too, I'm marryin' ya!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts