Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to a be a guest on a TV show Monday--Toledo 11 Your Day--to talk about e-publishing and Kindles. It airs at 900am.

In my 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, are there any specific points you guys would like me to try and get across?

Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
What maureen said - as long as you are positive we will be happy  :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
cool can you get a link so all of us living in different areas can see it too :D

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toledo 11 Your Day also airs on the Internet while it's on. Go to wtol.com. It will be tomorrow (today actually, Monday--groan) at 9am.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It went...okay...

Of course, I'm more critical of it than anyone else. What bums me out is that they didn't do any research at all, so I felt like I was floundering for the first half. Once I was able to buckle down I think I came off all right. The time went so fast. I didn't get to say about 2/3 of what I wanted to. I had a nice demonstration of the text to voice feature planned, and was going to show how you can change the different font sizes... They never even took a close-up of the Kindle the entire time. In many ways, it seemed like a waste...

I was able to mention CLAWS though. (kidding  ::))

·
Registered
238 Posts
A good interview really depends on a good interviewer. If they weren't prepared, that would definitely throw things off. And news people tend not to be book people which makes it even more awkward because they ask stupid things.

Want to see a good interview? This one I'm maybe most proud of...

We'll have to get you down to Raleigh at some point, Dave. I'd love to do a good interview with you! You deserve it!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just found out today that my interview is up on the website. Here's a link to it:

http://www.wtol.com/global/Category.asp?C=151146&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=14996&topVideoCatNoB=129734&topVideoCatNoC=129730&topVideoCatNoD=129733&topVideoCatNoE=106878&clipId=3889602&topVideoCatNo=14996&autoStart=true

If that doesn't work, it can be found in the Top Videos section at the upper right of the home page (wtol.com). Right now it's on page 6, but that will continue to slip as more clips are added. It's called "Director publishes book" or something like that.

You do have to sit through a :15 ad first.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've done a few televisions interviews (even a couple nationally on Fox) and a ton of radio interviews.  I've found that the interviews go much better if you provide a list of potential questions beforehand that help steer their questions.  Most of them don't have the time to research the book or topic well, and use the list like a crutch.  And of course, since you're answering questions that you wrote...you end up sounding like the brilliant professional you really are!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
GuinS said:
I've done a few televisions interviews (even a couple nationally on Fox) and a ton of radio interviews. I've found that the interviews go much better if you provide a list of potential questions beforehand that help steer their questions. Most of them don't have the time to research the book or topic well, and use the list like a crutch. And of course, since you're answering questions that you wrote...you end up sounding like the brilliant professional you really are!
Jay,

Thanks for passing that tidbit of information on. Trust me, I am taking notes. ;)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Good job.  I w www ould have st ttt uttered my way through it.  Nicely done.  I agree, they could have shown a closeup.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dave.......... thanks for putting the link up for your interview. I thought you did a nice job based on the limited time allowed.
I think as far as pricing goes, if you have multiple books available ie; series the first book free is a great idea......those go to the top of the
download list and generate interest.....plus if the folks like the book, you get a solid sale on the next book. Hope your book does well
and grats on being a " author "    ;D

Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts