Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the iPhone kindle app got an update with a direct link to the Amazon Kindle bookstore where we can buy with 1 click and view our recommendations and use the try a sample feature with it defaulted to send to our iphone. After getting the sample there is a link asking if we want to go back to the kindle for iphone app too.

We can now view the annotations we have made on our kindles ( although we still can't create new ones on the iphone).

Much more seamless than it used to be and once OS 3.0 for iphone comes out I'm sure it will even better.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
And, you can use multitouch to "pinch" or zoom in on graphic images.

And, select "alternate background and text colors to improve reading comfort in low light conditions".

Downloading now!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't had a chance to play with it much since I downloaded it, I didn't notice the alternate background. WOOT for that, I much prefer reading stanza with the black background and white text and was hoping we would get it for the kindle app.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'll have to go to a Starbucks so I can get a wireless link so I can get the update.  I can't wait until I get home.  I want to play with this tonight.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to look into this at some point. My iPhone has been sorely underutilized in all matters other than calling.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Thanks for letting us know.I am going to get the update now :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
L.Canton said:
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to look into this at some point. My iPhone has been sorely underutilized in all matters other than calling.
For me, I use it for everything except calling. There are many months when I use 5 minutes or less of my minutes. I have a ton of rollover minutes. I love my iPhone :-*

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Here are some shots of the color and font options in this release:

Font/background color options (black, white, sepia):

Font sizes (there are 5 font sizes; here are the smallest, medium, and largest font sizes):

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Graphic images can be pinched and stretched to zoom. Here's an example image, zoomed to the maximum:

On my iPhone the zoom has quite a lag; it's not as responsive as zooming in and out of a photograph. Anybody else experiencing that? Still, works pretty well and I'm glad to see this feature.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The sepia with font size 3 works best for me.  Not hard on my eyes at all. Loving it thus far.  I find I have been reading more on my itouch lately.  My Kindles must feel so neglected :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts