Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd be willing to throw out a few bucks at someone who was highly skilled at kindle keyword-category research.

Maybe a fiverr job?

Who can be trusted to do this kind of research to help me get my kindle books seated into the Amazon search engine properly?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The problem you might find is a lot of writers in your genre won't reveal their keywords because it's their competitive edge. Plus, when everyone knows them they'll become less effective. Some will tell though. I'm still mixing mine up looking for that golden combo. If you dedicate enough research to it you will likely find your best words yourself. One hint if you don't know is it doesn't have to be words. It should be long phrases until you run out of characters and are forced to separate with a comma. In between commas throw absolutely everything pertinent about your story in there. In other words, stuff like crazy. If it doesn't help sales, update again until you get it right. Sooner or later you will.

·
Registered
744 Posts
You'd pay a few bucks for this?

Heck, I would pay two hundred dollars to an expert who could line up my keywords and categories properly. Just PM me.  :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
One problem is that Amazon is one of the worst digital sites on the planet when it comes to providing any actual data to analyze how your product is doing. Currently there is no way to track how many visitors see your books, what keywords led them there, what is the conversion rate for sales/borrows etc.

There is no way to even tell when exactly the keyword changes really "go live". And because there are up to 7 keywords, you might change some for the better, some for the worse and be no wiser. Maddening.

Dealing with promoting your stuff on Amazon and trying to narrow down the best methods, is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, in pitch black darkness.

With all that said, I've done my share of internet marketing and keyword research and I own a couple of premium Keyword research tools. I can use these tools to see what keywords are most popular and with manual research I can figure out fairly optimal genres and keyword combos for any given book. In theory. (Of-course, success hinges more on a good cover, title, blurb etc. than it does on keywords. Keywords can make the book more visible, but that doesn't guarantee more sales.)

I'm willing to offer my help in researching the best keywords for a book. I'm not going to ask for any money for this as I have no data at the moment to suggest if my methods will be successful.

If anyone wants to experiment with me, send me a PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts