Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm at a craft fair today and, lo and behold, there was an author there selling his books. Name of Austin S. Camacho. They looked pretty good -- mysteries and also thrillers -- and I asked if he published digitally. Explained I had Amazon's Kindle and would be interested in that format. He said, without hesitation, 'Yes, my books are available for Kindle'. So I pulled 'you know what' out of my purse and checked right then and there. It was way cool. I have downloaded the sample of the first in his Hannibal Jones Mystery Series, title is The Troubleshooter. It looks good: set in Washington DC and Northern VA. He observed that a lot of the smaller publisher really like the e-book formats because it does get their stuff in front of more people. I also picked up one of his brochures so I'd have the name of all the stuff he had there. Had a D'oh moment when I got home though. . . .should have had him sign the brochure! Anyway, he seemed like a good guy so I thought I'd spread the word.

Also bought jewelry and some yummy pecan candy and sticky buns. :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZvRZ5EpVL._SL500_AA242_PIkin-dp-500,BottomRight,-22,38_AA280_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Ann
(thought I followed the directions to make a picture but something went wrong. . . help!)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Here you go ( and I downloaded the sample)

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. . .I'll check out Pidge's video to see what I did wrong.

Ann

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
Thanks.. . .I'll check out Pidge's video to see what I did wrong.

Ann
are you using IE or Mozilla? IE is a pain but Mozilla makes it easy. And I think you posted the URL for the image. Click the "CREATE KINDLEBOARDS LINK" button then use the image link below that. Make sense??

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Did you get your K autographed?  Some discussion about it in another thread.  I have a few author-autographed print books.  What do you do when the book is in your K?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
So, I'm at a craft fair today and, lo and behold, there was an author there selling his books. Name of Austin S. Camacho. They looked pretty good -- mysteries and also thrillers -- and I asked if he published digitally. Explained I had Amazon's Kindle and would be interested in that format. He said, without hesitation, 'Yes, my books are available for Kindle'. So I pulled 'you know what' out of my purse and checked right then and there. It was way cool. I have downloaded the sample of the first in his Hannibal Jones Mystery Series, title is The Troubleshooter. It looks good: set in Washington DC and Northern VA. He observed that a lot of the smaller publisher really like the e-book formats because it does get their stuff in front of more people. I also picked up one of his brochures so I'd have the name of all the stuff he had there. Had a D'oh moment when I got home though. . . .should have had him sign the brochure! Anyway, he seemed like a good guy so I thought I'd spread the word.

Also bought jewelry and some yummy pecan candy and sticky buns. :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZvRZ5EpVL._SL500_AA242_PIkin-dp-500,BottomRight,-22,38_AA280_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Ann
(thought I followed the directions to make a picture but something went wrong. . . help!)
Which craft fair?

And if you wanted to post a picture of the cover, you need to click the 2d button from the left above the smileys, if you hover over it, it says Insert Image. It will paste [img ][ /img] and then you click between them and paste your like this:
[img ]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZvRZ5EpVL._SL500_AA242_PIkin-dp-500,BottomRight,-22,38_AA280_SH20_OU01_.jpg
[ /img]

Even better, use the Kindleboards Amazon Link creator to create a link that gives Kindleboards credit if someone buys after clicking the link. (Quick overview: You'll need to know the ASIN, too, just scroll down a bit on the book's page. Copy the image and then the ASIN into the apropriate boxes on the Link creator, then click "Create Kindleboards link!" then click on "select" to highlight all the text of the image link. Copy and paste into your message.) Once you've done it a couple of hundred times like I have, it will be second nature, LOL!

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Betsy the Quilter said:
Which craft fair?

Betsy
Northern Virginia Christmas Market at the Dulles Expo Center. They'll be there tomorrow and Sunday too.

Ann

1 - 9 of 9 Posts