Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Hythloday arrived on Wednesday, as previously posted.  Got sick at work on Thursday, so I had all day Friday to spend time with him.  I read one of my samples through and bought the book (oooooh, that will be a dangerous feature), and I have been reading a magazine and the Kindle User's Guide on and off .

I am not sure which cool feature I like the most.  The basic web browser is great for quick things.  The dictionary lookup is amazing.  Thus I wonder ... what Kool Kindle feature did you find when you got your Kindle?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to agree with you on the eInk Marianner.  the kindle is actually easier to read than some of the dead tree books I have on my shelf.  The black on "gray" is very easy on the eyes.  Since getting Hythloday, I have ended up demoing him to three diff people (demos are probably going to be how I get most of my sample chapters).

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
It has to be the sampling...you get to read more than if you just looked inside the book, at least the ones that offer a small sample but it's usually a table of contents or something like that. The eInk is also great on the eyes.

G

·
It has a lot of cool features, but I think the coolest of all is the Whispernet. I remember when I first opened the box and plugged it in. I turned it and the Whispernet on, went straight to the store and bought my first book. Within about a minute after turning it on for the first time I was reading my first book. Now that is cool.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Everything about the Kindle is cool, but I really enjoy my subscription to the New York Times. It's just amazing to me...every morning it's there, waiting for me. Pictures, articles, editorials...it's great.

Here's yesterday's front page:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I am getting to know coinstar more (amazon doesn't like my debit card). Now I see a penny (or any change) on the ground I pick it up and when I get home throw it into a jar so I can have more money to spend on my Kindle. I'm currently saving for the spring semester.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree with what everyone else has posted so far - so many wonderful things about Kindle!

I think my favorite thing is that I can prop it up on my treadmill and my 1/2 hour of walking/jogging seems to absolutely FLY by!  It's amazing!!!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Leslie said:
Everything about the Kindle is cool, but I really enjoy my subscription to the New York Times.
What I want is to share my husband's subscription to the Wall Street Journal. For the life of me I can't understand why you can share everything EXCEPT subscriptions. I am tempted to pay for another subscription, but I've held back so far. Just gotta find a way to crack that damn DRM.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Since I read multiple books at a time, one of my fav features is Kindle with no name always knows where I left off on each book without me having to bookmark before I set him/her down. :D

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
I love how smart Eleanor the K is... as Angela said, she always finds my place.  I love the dictionary.  I love the readability of the E-Ink.  I am one of the few who would love a backlight option, though not at the expense of the E-Ink.  (My husband is very sensitive to light in the room, and when we travel, one of the things I liked about my Palm T/X is that I could actually read it in bed without bothering him.  The booklight isn't going to cut it.  I will probably keep a couple of books on the T/X just for late night reading in hotels.)  And of course, I love love love the Whispernet!

Betsy

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
It's brought me to all of you.  I love to read... and to be a part of something where others enjoy the same interest, with equal enthusiasm, is truly rewarding.

Hard to pick just one, Whispernet is just so technologically amazing...and those samples...I just can't say enough.  It's all good.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
sjc said:
It's brought me to all of you. I love to read... and to be a part of something where others enjoy the same interest, with equal enthusiasm, is truly rewarding.
Wow, that's so nice, I don't even have a smart alec response.

This place is fun, isn't it?

Betsy

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Geez, how to pick a favorite?!  The kindle has changed my life.  The things I love most have to be the e-ink, how it saves my place, and of course whispernet.  The dictionary is awesome too.  However, my favorite thing about it is probably that it's made me read more.  I've always loved to read, but now it's practically all I want to do!  It's not so good for household chores though...!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts