Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I'm a public librarian and first generation Kindle owner.  I now look to see if something is available for the Kindle before I look for it in the Library.  I recently bought a hardcover book from our Friends of the Library for $3 and wonder if I can read a heavy (600 pages) hardcover with small print any longer.  I'm thinking of buying it again on the Kindle.  I go to the bookstore with my Kindle, read the back covers and and browse the books, but buy things on the Kindle (though I usually get a gift or a cup of coffee just to help pay for the bookstore).

Am I killing my own career?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I am librarian up in Southeast Alaska. People here think it strange. the libraries are more then just books you are not killing our careers your just making it diverse by being able check out more books, periodicals, and news.

welcome
sylvia

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Welcome!
librarylady said:
Am I killing my own career?
At least there's still reading involved? ;D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Grteetings and Welcome, LibraryLady! I am sure that libraries will be with us for a long time, even if it is in a slightly changed format. Hardbound books will not go away for a while and libraries keep finding new ways to make themselves assets for their communities, with childrens reading hours, computers available, book signings and many other things.
Glad you found us!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi - Glad to have you here, don't think library will go away any time soon, and some are even doing the e-reader thing.  We do have several librarians and retired librarians on the kindleboard so you will fit in just fine.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. Librarians will always be needed. I don't think libraries will ever go away. Without them a lot of children would never learn the pleasure of reading. :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hi there  :)
Glad you found the boards.I am sure you will love it here as much as the rest of us do :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts