Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fortune magazine had an article of the 100 best things about America and the Kindle came in 15th....ahead of duct tape, the Bill of Rights and Carlos Santana.  Not too shabby, Kindle.

I would do the insert article here thing if I knew how to do it.

kathy

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Here's the link!

[URL=http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn]http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn
.com/2011/07/01/100-great-things-about-america/[/url]

Although that list reminds me a little of the theme to "Team: America" (the movie by the creators of South Park that was filmed entirely with puppets.)

There's a chorus where the singer wildly shouts out things he likes about America (and the background singers shout out "hell yeah" - or the equivalent.) It goes something like this...

"Rock and roll!"
"Hell yeah!"
"The internet!"
"Hell yeah!"
"Disneyland!"
"Hell yeah!"
"Books!"

:)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Duct tape is overrated, IMO.

In fact, a recent study compared the various tapes and rated them according to how well they taped ducts, and duct tape actually came out at the bottom of the list. I think it's time we officially changed the name to "duck tape" since I imagine it does a pretty good job of taping ducks.

Oh...did I commit thread drift again? Sorry. Here:

"I think it's nice that Forbes magazine would bother to survey and list 100 great things about America, and I'm delighted that the Kindle is on the list."

Ignore all that stuff about duct tape. Duck tape. Whatever.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Fun list, but I'm devastated to hear that Duct Tape really isn't any good.  :'(

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
JRTomlin said:
Fun list, but I'm devastated to hear that Duct Tape really isn't any good. :'(
It just isn't much good for taping ducts. 1001 other uses! Though personally I prefer gaffer's tape because it holds well and peels off with less residue.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Me and My Kindle for posting the connection to this article.  The important thing is that the Kindle has made it's mark.  They didn't say e-readers, they said Kindle.
Kathy

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Jan Strnad said:
Duct tape is overrated, IMO.

In fact, a recent study compared the various tapes and rated them according to how well they taped ducts, and duct tape actually came out at the bottom of the list. I think it's time we officially changed the name to "duck tape" since I imagine it does a pretty good job of taping ducks.

Oh...did I commit thread drift again? Sorry. Here:

"I think it's nice that Forbes magazine would bother to survey and list 100 great things about America, and I'm delighted that the Kindle is on the list."

Ignore all that stuff about duct tape. Duck tape. Whatever.
You need to watch some Mythbusters, lol

·
Registered
993 Posts
Me and My Kindle said:
Here's the link!

[URL=http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn]http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn
.com/2011/07/01/100-great-things-about-america/[/url]

Although that list reminds me a little of the theme to "Team: America" (the movie by the creators of South Park that was filmed entirely with puppets.)

There's a chorus where the singer wildly shouts out things he likes about America (and the background singers shout out "hell yeah" - or the equivalent.) It goes something like this...

"Rock and roll!"
"Hell yeah!"
"The internet!"
"Hell yeah!"
"Disneyland!"
"Hell yeah!"
"Books!"

:)
I remember that! It was pretty funny. But there you go... the kindle has made reading "cool" again!

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Jan Strnad said:
It just isn't much good for taping ducts.
Not to mention that it can't legally be used for taping up ventilation ducts, as it won't meet building codes, i.e. it's not fireproof. It was developed for sealing up ammo cans.

Mike

·
Registered
904 Posts
That's definitely cool.  I'm surprised, to be honest.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
rla1996 said:
The men and women in our armed forces got robbed they should be higher on the list than 65.
Ahead of NASCAR?!

Overall the list is disturbing - these are things that are best about U.S.? ???

Very few items identified belong on any such list.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Elk said:
Ahead of NASCAR?!

Overall the list is disturbing - these are things that are best about U.S.? ???

Very few items identified belong on any such list.
Much as I love kindle, it does seem silly to rank tangible items along with services and systems of law.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts