Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You really need to upgrade to an electric typewriter.  ;)

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Love your "old typewriter" I took typing in HS and we had to learn on "Manual Typewriters" many of which looked just like yours.  Boy, do feel old right now.  I have a funny story that happened to me at work, I was typing on the machine I used to have at my desk and a co-worker poked her head around the corner and asked me what I was doing.  She led me to believe she had never seen or heard anyone using one.  She's younger that one of my daughters.  Too funny.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
B-Kay said:
Love your "old typewriter" I took typing in HS and we had to learn on "Manual Typewriters" many of which looked just like yours. Boy, do feel old right now. I have a funny story that happened to me at work, I was typing on the machine I used to have at my desk and a co-worker poked her head around the corner and asked me what I was doing. She led me to believe she had never seen or heard anyone using one. She's younger that one of my daughters. Too funny.
I learned on the manual typewriter too. I was so excited with the electric typewriter. Now I love my computers. The Kindle does look a little out of place, but I'm sure they will get to love each other. ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
When we first moved to Mexico, all the government offices used typewriters just like that one!  :mad:  Some offices have moved to more modern ones, not electric tho and a few even have computers  ::)

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think the big black typewriter is cool.   ;D  Just so long as you're not using it for ransom notes and such (I watch a little too much CSI).  Do they even sell ribbon for those anymore, or do you need to hit up estate sales looking for a score?

I'm also admiring the rockin' look you have on the sound system.  Are you able to pick up international radio with the aluminum foil?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the big black typewriter is cool. ;D Just so long as you're not using it for ransom notes and such (I watch a little too much CSI). Do they even sell ribbon for those anymore, or do you need to hit up estate sales looking for a score?

I'm also admiring the rockin' look you have on the sound system. Are you able to pick up international radio with the aluminum foil?
I buy my ribbon at a local typewriter repair shop. He uses the same spools I have in there and rewinds the ribbon. When I run out, I'm usually not able to use my typewriter for a week. And with only one set of spools, I can't get a backup. I should just find an identical model just for the spools. This was a fairly mass produced typewriter. They made this beast for more than a decade. Good workhorse typewriter.

The foil lets me get my local NPR channel through the office walls :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.