Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to my youngest sister-in-law's high school graduation yesterday.  (I'm now slightly sunburned and exhausted from two long car rides in two days.)  The speaker was one of the high school English teachers.  He did a great speech with the message that the world was going to change more then they ever could imagine right now.  He gave some examples about the current generation and how they are actually living the sci-fi future his generation talked about.  (He had a show of hands of the graduates for who actually had a cell phone on them right then.)  When he was a high school graduate the idea of an ipod and it holding that many songs was unbelievable, did these kids realize how much that many vinyl records would weigh?  So during all this tech talk he said that they were going off to college where their textbooks were available in ereader format and they could carry around their books on a Kindle.  (Take that Sony!) 

That was the highlight of the event for me.

Lara Amber

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't really see him well, but I would guess in his 40s or 50s.  While there is some stuff predicted that never happened (eating food pills, jet packs for everyone) there is plenty that's happened no one really thought possible (computer games as an industry, youtube, texting, etc) and stuff that while not in the same form as shown in fiction, do exist (diagnostic imaging, cell phones, wireless devices, computers in the home). 

Lara Amber

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
LaraAmber said:
I couldn't really see him well, but I would guess in his 40s or 50s. While there is some stuff predicted that never happened (eating food pills, jet packs for everyone) there is plenty that's happened no one really thought possible (computer games as an industry, youtube, texting, etc) and stuff that while not in the same form as shown in fiction, do exist (diagnostic imaging, cell phones, wireless devices, computers in the home).

Lara Amber
you can get your fruits and vegetables in a pill now!! https://www.juiceplus.com/nsa/content/Welcome.soa :)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
LaraAmber said:
I couldn't really see him well, but I would guess in his 40s or 50s. While there is some stuff predicted that never happened (eating food pills, jet packs for everyone) there is plenty that's happened no one really thought possible (computer games as an industry, youtube, texting, etc) and stuff that while not in the same form as shown in fiction, do exist (diagnostic imaging, cell phones, wireless devices, computers in the home).

Lara Amber
I recall Leonard Nimoy telling a story of people in the car next to him looking on in amusement as he used a cell phone -- back when they were big honking things -- because it looked like Star Trek tech.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts