Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have previously discussed names but we have many new members and the Kindle names seem to be scattered in different posts. I am interested in reading the old member's and new member's names. My memory is not that good. :) Let's post our name and a short statement of why we chose it.

Ruby- I think she is a precious gem and she wears a stylish klaret koat

(can be purchased from the accessory board. M-Edge Cover) Bets is doing a FINE job of luring us over there everyday  ;)

Next...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Lola...from the song "whatever Lola wants, Lola gets" from the musical Damn Yankees.

She took a fancy to one of my journal covers, and is enjoying the stylish life right now.  Also, the cover has a lock, so she'd have privacy if either of us could locate the key.

~robin

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Isabella Bird - Named for Isabella Lucy Bird (October 15, 1831 – October 7, 1904) a nineteenth-century English traveller, writer, and a natural historian.  The name was suggested to me on this board (Thank You!)

The following was said about Isabella and sums up my feelings about the books I read on her.  "There never was anybody," wrote the Spectator, "who had adventures as well as Miss Bird."

;D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Gertie Keddle which seemed to go with Kindle and followed my Harry Potter theme for naming electronics.  Gertie Keddle was the witch who first chronicled the beginnings of Quidditch.  She lived in Queerditch Marsh which may be where the name Quidditch came from. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Sir Sterndale Bennett or more familiarly, Sir William and when he's really chummy, WSB.

William Sterndale Bennett was a British composer who lived from 1816-1875. I am writing a historical fiction novel and he is the main character. He suggested himself to me as a reminder that I should be writing the book and not reading on the Kindle all the time. Unfortunately, that plan isn't working out so well right now...LOL.

My daughter's Kindle is Catalyst, as in a catalyst for reading.

L

·
Registered
795 Posts
Bee, after the Melissae.....the Amazon women who were warriors, healers and priestesses. They were also reknown horsewomen whose colors were black and yellow and when they rode into battle the chant they hummed sounded like the droning of thousands of angry bees. Lol. I'm not sure I can imagine anything scarier than that! I am mostly interested in their roles as healers and priestesses and originally thought to name kindle after one of them but she indicated quite clearly that she would prefer just plain "Bee."

·
Registered
776 Posts
Emerson - the last name of the main characters in my favorite book series (Amelia Peabody).  They were Egyptologists who always managed to be solving mysteries.  Very confident, caring, funny and intelligent - and ALWAYS up for an adventure.  His full name is Emerson Peabody.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
My Kindle's name is Kwinn, formerly known as Kindle WIth No Name!. The idea of using the first letters came from my KB friend LuckyRainbow! Thanks again, LR!

The girl's name Quinn \qu(i)-nn\, also used as boy's name, is pronounced kwin. It is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "counsel." May also possibly mean "descendant of Con," which has connotations for "intelligence." The Gaelic/Greek meanings include: wise, queen and fifth born.

After finding the meaning of Kwinn's name, made it even more special!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lotus- a symbol of purity, beauty, and spiritual unfoldment. Lotus flowers grow out from the depths of dirty, muddy water to be one of the beautiful flowers. It's my favorite flower and one of my favorite symbols.

Nemo

1 - 20 of 73 Posts