Kindle Forum banner

What's your leaning and did you name your Kindle?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Can you add something for I'm moderate or on some issues I am conservative and othe issues I am liberal?

Seriously, I have issues were I agree with the Conservatives and others I agree with Liberals. So I don't know where I should respond in the pool. Either way, my Kindle is named Tavar.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I can easily define myself. Independent. 

I change the name of my Kindle to make messages from Amazon funnier. "Send wirelessly to "just across the room""; "Send to "Jupiter and back"". I call my Kindle my Kindle so I'm going with nameless.

If you really want to establish some sort of correlation, poll on the sex of individuals who name Kindles. (Or do we already know how that would come out?)

This is another thread that seems to have been started knowing full well it will cause arguments. Please don't give anyone the satisfaction.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Does it matter whether you CALL your Kindle said name? I changed the name from Mikuto's Kindle to something else, but I only refer to it as "my kindle". So does that make a difference?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From my pov "my Kindle" is nameless. If someone saw you with it on the street and asked "what's that?" and you said "oh, this is George, my Kindle" then that would be named. My reply to such inquiries is "this is my Kindle".

·
Registered
788 Posts
LDB said:
From my pov "my Kindle" is nameless. If someone saw you with it on the street and asked "what's that?" and you said "oh, this is George, my Kindle" then that would be named. My reply to such inquiries is "this is my Kindle".
Okie dokie, nameless it is.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
This is another thread that seems to have been started knowing full well it will cause arguments. Please don't give anyone the satisfaction

Thpoilthport.

If we can't argue, we can't fling gnomes. And how are we ever going to support the economy if the gnome trade stops due to lack of gnome flinging?

Honestly.

(Also, I have named my Kindle. Don't tell anyone, but I couldn't intelligently describe the difference between "liberal" and "conservative", so I clicked undefinable/named. Shhh.)

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
hmmm If people out in the wild ask me I say this is my Kindle. ON the boards I refer to him as Tavar or my Kindle. So I guess that is unnamed?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Very interesting Poll, LDB.

The Kindle and I are both Conservatives....at least, those are all the book choices on my Kindle at this point so I'm assuming my Kindle is Conservative. ;D

The Kindle's name is Sailor's Kindle. I just call it "The Kindle."

-sailor

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I consider myself undefined, it depends on the specific issue or politician (I think Anabel K is liberal).

I've never given an inanimate object a name before.  Anabel is my first 'thing' that I have named.  I guess I'm just closer to my Kindle than those other devices.  Besides, when you use Amazon, it just seems to make sense to "download to Anabel" instead of "download to Jane Doe's Kindle"

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm an eclectic independent :) Cynnau (Welsh for "kindle") is the only object I've ever named. She also goes by the nickname of Kibble -- my husband's joke as he expects one of our dogs will eat her, along with her tasty leather M-Edge cover, given half a chance!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Glynnis said:
She also goes by the nickname of Kibble -- my husband's joke as he expects one of our dogs will eat her, along with her tasty leather M-Edge cover, given half a chance!
LOL, now this name is creative, I like it.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
OK, this is a hard one for me to answer... I lean toward conservative in some respects and moderate-to-liberal in others. As for my Kindle, it is fondly known as KWINN, which is short for KIndle WIth No Name. So does that classify as named or not?? ;D lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts