Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the NY times daily on my Kindle. I thought it would only keep the past couple of weeks or so, but seems to be keeping them longer. Is there a way, by chance, to set my Kindle to purge old "papers"? I deleted a bunch manually & my free space went way back up...

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
You need to delete them manually in the Content Manager. My husband never deletes his Wall Street Journal either, so they pile up on his Kindle.

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
I get the Washington Post and I think, with newspapers, that Amazon only keeps a couple of weeks on file for you -- maybe less, I'm not sure.  But they'll stay on your Kindle until you delete them.  So if it's an issue you want to keep, don't delete it but just save it on an SD or something.  

Ann

·
Registered
163 Posts
They pile up in your Kindle, but I think that only so many of the most recent ones are saved on Amazon's site.  So, unlike with books you buy at Amazon, if you delete them from your kindle, then you really delete them for good.  Maybe that's a good thing...

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Seven days of papers (one week) are saved at Amazon. The ones on your Kindle are there until you delete them. When you get the new firmware upgrade (1.2, still waiting for mine) deleting will be easier since that is one of the new upgrades.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
libro said:
When you subscribe to a newspaper, how early in the morning does it download to your Kindle? Please mention what time zone you're in. Thanks!
For me, it downloads when I turn Whispernet on. I don't leave WN on all the time.

However, from my research, the New York Times is usually available at 4 am EST.

L

G

·
I store my Kindle in the same closet with my newspapers, my cans of old paint, a pile of oily rags and old, dry kindling for the fireplace.

Oh.  That's not what you were asking.

;)

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
My kindle sleeps at night plugged in with WN on.  Until this morning, the Washington Post has always been there when I wake it up in the morning, usually 7 to 7:30 a.m.  This morning, interestingly, when I woke it up (about 8:30 a.m.), I had a 'book' that said. . .we're sorry, the Washington Post will be delivered a little late today, thanks for your patience, we're working with the Post to get your content delivered. . .  the Post was delivered by 10 or so.

Ann

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
I get the Washington Post and I think, with newspapers, that Amazon only keeps a couple of weeks on file for you -- maybe less, I'm not sure. But they'll stay on your Kindle until you delete them. So if it's an issue you want to keep, don't delete it but just save it on an SD or something.

Ann
I never looked into it but how much is the monthly subscription to NY Times and others?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Kind said:
I never looked into it but how much is the monthly subscription to NY Times and others?
I take the NY Times Latest News edition (just the news) and it is updated two or three times a day.

Each time it updates, it gets rid of the other one. But if there's any late breaking news, I get a new update. It's $1.99/month. Well, $2/mo.

I also take Newsweek, which is $1.49/month. These go into a subfolder so you see only one entry even if you keep all the issues for later searching etc. I usually move these to my SD card.

There is also http://kindlefeeder.com with currently no-cost feeds pushed to our Kindles daily.
Currently I take the full feeds for HuffPost and for New Yorker.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My NYTimes arrives by 5 a.m. ET. It might be earlier, but I try to be asleep then!

I do like this new delete feature. When I cleaned up my Times the last time, it was awkward going through the process. I did it yesterday the new way & it's simple.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts