Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure this is new ... just noticed it on my book page a few minutes ago:

Now, I know about the notes and highlights thing. I actually have it bookmarked so I can go read my book's, periodically. It's fun to see what readers notice and how they're reacting. But I'm not sure I like the idea of the notes and highlights being so prominently displayed on the book page. A big-time spoiler could be revealed pretty easily.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
It's relatively new...it may be something that was rolled out gradually, but I think it was first mentioned here a couple months ago...

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Betsy the Quilter said:
It's relatively new...it may be something that was rolled out gradually, but I think it was first mentioned here a couple months ago...

Betsy
I know the existence of the N & H was mentioned on KB a few months back (that's how I found out about it), but I think you had to go to kindle.amazon.com and search for the book title, then click through to see what might be there. I'm almost positive I haven't seen them displayed in a huge always-open window on the book page like that. If it's been there a while, I've been truly blind!

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aaaaaand now it's disappeared.

Well, that was weird. Okay, well, moving along. Nothing to see here. La-di-dah.

No, wait. I reloaded the page and it's back.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
That's been around, on some books at least, for a couple of months now.

There might be spoilers, but most readers probably don't even scroll down that far, I figure.

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
George Berger said:
That's been around, on some books at least, for a couple of months now.

There might be spoilers, but most readers probably don't even scroll down that far, I figure.
Yeah, that's probably true, George.

That sections seems to be appearing in about one out of four page-loads for Nolander. Strange. Maybe the fact that comments have been added recently triggers it? Dunno.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Yes it's been there for a while.
The first time i saw it, I was scratching my head, as I had no idea the Kindle Notes and Highlights function/site even existed.
I like it :)

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anya said:
Yes it's been there for a while.
The first time i saw it, I was scratching my head, as I had no idea the Kindle Notes and Highlights function/site even existed.
I like it :)
Hmm. When I read books to review, I use the highlight feature to mark any typos so I can tell the author about them later. I think I'll have to stop doing that -- it'd be a shitty thing to have showing up on someone's book page! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts