Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He did a segment:  If you have this...  you will need this...
The joke was; if you have a Kindle you will need:  Jay pulled out a huge how to manual. 

It was the K1.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree:  He could have chosen to joke about the Sony but he didn't.  Publicity is publicity.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The joke was kind of silly; considering how easy the Kindle 1 and 2 are to operate.  I guess it gave the Kindle a little more publicity though, so okay.

- Walter.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Just another reason for me not to watch Leno. :D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder what he did with it after the joke.  Maybe he gave it to a lucky audience member.  It's not like he would order one just to do a 20 second joke....hmmmm; maybe Jeff gave him one.  More likely; it belongs to a member of the crew (especially with it having been the K1) and he borrowed it for the joke.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Jay makes a lot of jokes about not being good with technology so it fit in with his Luddite-ish personality.  If the Kindle had a V-8 engine and wheels attached he'd have a fleet in his collection.

Betsy

I

·
0 Posts
Leave jay alone!  Don't make me make a "Leave Jay Alone!" video.  I am all out of eye make up.(maybe I could get my own show!)

·
Registered
300 Posts
If he wants to make fun of a big manual he should have picked the iPhone.
When I got mine I wanted to learn everything I could so I printed out a copy of the 150 plus page PDF. I put the pages in page protectors and have it all nice and neat in a three ring binder. This great big huge notebook for my tiny iPhone. I have always thought it was funny.  ;D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vampy!!!  All fixed?  I speak for many when I say you were missed.  Welcome back; we need the humor.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
I only watch late night hosts that sleep with Ben Affleck.
...and Sarah Silverman (although they broke up again)? And Matt Damon by extension?

I

·
0 Posts
sjc said:
Vampy!!! All fixed? I speak for many when I say you were missed. Welcome back; we need the humor.
No. Not yet but it shouldn't be much longer. I hope to be back to normal(for me) by lunch Monday. I will believe it when I see it.

I am still trying to decide if I like Sarah Silverman. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

·
Registered
493 Posts
MichelleR said:
...and Sarah Silverman (although they broke up again)? And Matt Damon by extension?
Yep on SS, but I don't want to go down the "by extension" road with these Hollywood types...I dunno if Harvey's got the bandwidth.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts