Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Xia said:
Oh, dear... now I know I'm old. I have no idea what twitter is. Ack!
And to think I used to be the tech guy who always had the latest gadget. One of the first to get a computer, one of the first to have a video recorder, one of the earlies Direct TV subscribers, and I've never text messaged or looked at Twitter. I must be so old I'm lucky I can still walk.

Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
6 mos ago I found the forum, 4 weeks ago I started to chat.....now you want me to learn something else?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I have a twitter account, but so far nothing seems to be working right... guess I don't have it set up correctly!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I heard already about it or seen it in lots of websites since last year but never bothered to know about it. I just know its some kind of alert for the things that you want to follow. And I just cant add another thing to bother my life every now and then with all the things I want to see but wait to log into the internet. Well I guess its for the young ones? Im not that old... just 35+.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Seamonkey said:
I found out today I can access my Twitter account and POST from the Kindle!
Wow - are you doing this just through the browser function?

And my signature line gives my Twitter connection

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've known about Twitter for a long while, but like a lot of people, didn't think it was worth my time. Well, after trying it, it is way cool.

For those who aren't familiar with Twitter - it is basically a micro-blogging social network. You set up an account, and can send out 'tweets' or updates in 140 characters or less, from your computer or phone. (kindle will work in a pinch and the DSi works great too)

Now, one of the unsung strengths of Twitter is its immediacy and able to touch thousands of people at once. This is cool. Let's say you want to find out information on a topic that is interesting to you - you go to the search at the bottom of the Twitter page and enter 'Kindle' - it will bring back what all the people are saying about Kindle! This is a great news source because of its immediacy. Now you have to take it with a grain of salt too as you must remember this is thousands of people with thousands of different viewpoints too - one example is on Sunday, the swine flu topic was huge on Twitter. Some people were saying to stay away from eating bacon or pork products in order to stay safe, this is not a way to get swine flue and is not true, yet it was being propagated around the Twitter network.

I think its fun and urge anyone that is interested at all in writing or blogging to give it a try from your phone or computer.

My Twitter page is at: http://www.twitter.com/dwaynewilson

·
Registered
392 Posts
Oh and for those with macs - Tweetie is an awesome Twitter client

and for those with windows OR macs - Seesmic desktop runs on Adobe Air and is awesome as well!

·
Registered
544 Posts
wilsondm2 said:
Oh and for those with macs - Tweetie is an awesome Twitter client

and for those with windows OR macs - Seesmic desktop runs on Adobe Air and is awesome as well!
TweetDeck is another good one (Windows, Mac, and Linux) -- and it alerts you to new Facebook status updates, too!

·
Registered
392 Posts
MarthaT said:
Im having a difficult time setting mine up to post on twitter :(
Your cell? I don't do the cell, but I know it's fairly easy. You go to device under settings on your twitter home page. have it send your cell a text (enter 1<areacode><number>) in the box - then i think you reply to the text and you are good to go. You then just send texts to the number they give you and the texts are sent out as tweets. Now to receive posts you again go to device settings on tweet and tell it to send posts to your device. then you can also go to individual followers and turn them on or off to send posts to device.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I set one up, as a professional thing as a quilter.  Text messages cost on my cell phone plan so I enabled the phone in case I want to send anything by it but then stopped all messages coming in.

Most of my tweeting will be about my quilting and quilt issues, with some Kindle info thrown in, but if anyone wants to follow me, I'm at www.twitter.com/betsytrue

Betsy

·
Registered
392 Posts
Surfmom66 said:
Tweetie for both the Mac and iPhone is what I use to Tweet from. FYI - Actor/Comedian, Jimmy Fallon is also a Kindle owner. He sent out a tweet last weekend saying...Kindle 2 out of juice. Gotta go old school. http://twitpic.com/3yy8j ;D
I love Tweetie so far - it rocks.

I follow Jimmy Fallon too - and Veronica Belmont ( @Veronica ) of Tekzilla just bought a K2 as well - I tweeted her to stop by the boards.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts