Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you know there is a Kindle-specific social network run by Amazon? It allows you to view the highlights your friends make in books, their thoughts on books when they finish reading, and allows for book recommendations.

To find your Kindle profile go to http://kindle.amazon.com and log in. Go up to the top right where you name is and click view profile, then copy and paste the URL to this post so we can all link up.

Here's mine: https://kindle.amazon.com/profile/Douglas-Lance/739596

Please post yours so we can all get connected and start reviewing each others books and highlighting our favorite passages.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Kathleen Valentine said:
Oh no, not another one!!!! I'm on Goodreads, SheWrites, BookBloggers, Independent Authors Forum, Independent Author's Lounge plus a bunch I've forgotten about. I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!!!! Sorry, sorry -- it's been a long week. Think I'll go mix a gin and tonic. Carry on.
No, Kathleen, that's exactly what I thought! :D

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Kathleen Valentine said:
Oh no, not another one!!!! I'm on Goodreads, SheWrites, BookBloggers, Independent Authors Forum, Independent Author's Lounge plus a bunch I've forgotten about. I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!!!! Sorry, sorry -- it's been a long week. Think I'll go mix a gin and tonic. Carry on.
Yeah, we who used to be writers now are caught in endless discussion groups.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Jon Olson said:
Yeah, we who used to be writers now are caught in endless discussion groups.
Hehe, this isn't a forum or just another place to be :) It is a bit geeky though, I'll grant that.

It is a tool used to share notes, quotes and passages on your Kindle while you are reading (or after you've read). Even if all you do is highlight passages in your own books (hint) this is a special type of exposure. If enough readers highlight and share quotes in your book they do show up on your Amazon page listings.

Now how many forums or endless discussion groups can have that type of impact?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Todd!

Sorry if I was unclear. Once you are connected with other people, there isn't anything else you have to do. You just read and highlight and make notes on your Kindle as you normally would. It automatically shares this info with your friends. It is quite simple. And fun to boot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts