Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Vera Bradley purse and I love it. But...I like to make my own and save a little money sometimes so I tried these. The purple tote/purse has lots of pockets inside and out, it also has a matching zippered Kindle holder, cell phone case and other goodies. The flamingo purse was just for fun and just has a matching cell phone holder. The crochet holder/purses are just to afford a little more protection with or without a large purse. I also am adding a picture of the pad I made for my Oberon Butterfly cover. It covers the wool felt and holds the cover up off the page turning buttons when the cover is closed.

I forgot how to make the pictures smaller...sorry.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Wow - look at you!  Those pieces are beautiful!!  I especially love the crochet purses.  Really nice.  Do you have time to make these things often?  If so, you should consider opening an Etsy shop!  :)

Love the purple butterfly case by the way.  I think I'm definitely going to have to get that one!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
/img]
Sorry this did not show up with the other pictures. It is the pad covering the wool felt.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put little bits of Velcro on each corner of the pad and matching bits on the cover.  All the stick on kind.  I don't really like Velcro but sometimes it is the best solution.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ooooo!!! Crochet purses!! Did you line them with fabric??? 

I'm a crocheter, I've already got a few ideas for another bag to carry my K1 in. (and now that my dad has his K2, I'll be able to make sure anything I crochet for my K1 will fit my future-to-be-K2)

I've got an idea for knitting a cover to go over the leather amazon cover that my dad bought with his K2. (a cover for a cover? yes, I'm going a little cover wacko)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ErinLindsey said:
Ooooo!!! Crochet purses!! Did you line them with fabric???

I'm a crocheter, I've already got a few ideas for another bag to carry my K1 in. (and now that my dad has his K2, I'll be able to make sure anything I crochet for my K1 will fit my future-to-be-K2)

I've got an idea for knitting a cover to go over the leather amazon cover that my dad bought with his K2. (a cover for a cover? yes, I'm going a little cover wacko)
No I did not line them....yet,LOL. I saw some really pretty Asian/Chinese style silk like fabric and thought it would be lovely to line the bags with. I have so many ideas and so little time. I will have a little more time in a few weeks and I am going to try out some new ideas. Be sure to post pictures of yours too. I love to see new creations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts