Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.  How many books have you downloaded on Kindle?

2.  How many of your downloaded books have you finished reading?

3.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading on your Kindle?

4.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading non-Kindle books or magazines?

5.  Do you finish a downloaded Kindle book from start to finish?  Or do you jump around reading a few to several books at a time? 

6.  How often do you download free books and from what site(s)?

7.  What's your favorite time of day and place to read your Kindle?

8.  Month and year of your Kindle's birthday?

9.  Is the Kindle always by your side?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
1. How many books have you downloaded on Kindle?
Dunno, 40 or 50? How can one tell easily? I have 15 pages on my home page but that includes samples, etc.

2. How many of your downloaded books have you finished reading?
2 too much Kindleboards

3. Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading on your Kindle?
2 hours; too much Kindleboards

4. Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading non-Kindle books or magazines?
1 hour. too much Kindleboards

5. Do you finish a downloaded Kindle book from start to finish? Or do you jump around reading a few to several books at a time?
Jump around

6. How often do you download free books and from what site(s)?
Not very often, feedbooks.com is what I've used so far.

7. What's your favorite time of day and place to read your Kindle?
No favorite, whenever I can grab a few minutes. Most often in the "reading room" at home.

8. Month and year of your Kindle's birthday?
October 2008

9. Is the Kindle always by your side?
yes

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Betsy, thanks for being the first to answer the quiz!  So, it sounds like KindleBoards.com is an addiction similar to the Kindle addiction.  :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
1.  How many books have you downloaded on Kindle?  a little over 200 and growing fast

2.  How many of your downloaded books have you finished reading?  11 so far and in the middle of 3

3.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading on your Kindle? 2-4 hours

4.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading non-Kindle books or magazines?  Very little so far, but this will probably change as we get DTBs to share that I want to read

5.  Do you finish a downloaded Kindle book from start to finish?  Or do you jump around reading a few to several books at a time? 2-4 at a time

6.  How often do you download free books and from what site(s)?  I have a lot of freebies, I've been using freekindlebooks.org and manybooks.net mostly

7.  What's your favorite time of day and place to read your Kindle?  I can't live without my Kindle at work for my breaks and lunch time.  Most comfy is in bed.

8.  Month and year of your Kindle's birthday?  November 28

9.  Is the Kindle always by your side?  Heck YES

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
1. 20 to 25  books downloaded on kindle

2. 10 to 12 books finished approximately

3. 2 hours a day reading on Kindle... too much Kindleboards

4. 1 hour day non kindle books, magazines

5. Usually read from start to finish but as I am reading The Stand I have read another book and started a 2nd today

6. Free books as often as offered by Amazon. Have not used any other site.

7. No favorite time of day, every chance I get. Favorite place to read is in master bedroom, hammock when weather allows.

8. Month and year of Kindle's b'day: September 2008

9. Is Kindle always by your side? ALWAYS!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
77 books, 15 samples, and 4 files of classnotes/studyguides. I would download more, but its not my credit card. lol
12-13
2-3 depends whether or not if I have homeword
4. Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading non-Kindle books or magazines?
0, I read manga online
5. Do you finish a downloaded Kindle book from start to finish? Or do you jump around reading a few to several books at a time?
Depends on the book. If the books is really good, I finish it before moving on. If the book is in the okay category, I jump between books
Whenever I find a good one, a couple times a week. If they are free from Amazon, i usually automatically download it.
At night when no is there to bother me
3 November 2008, 12.45 right before I left for class. Now ask me how long after that did someone drop it...Less than five minutes. sigh siblings

Of course. its annoys my mom, cuz every chance I get I pull it out and read. I don't shop with her

I

·
0 Posts
1.  How many books have you downloaded on Kindle?

Too many  most were cheap or free

2.  How many of your downloaded books have you finished reading?

Not sure at least 8 + many samples and short stories I found.

3.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading on your Kindle?

4.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading non-Kindle books or magazines?

Almost 0.

5.  Do you finish a downloaded Kindle book from start to finish?  Or do you jump around reading a few to several books at a time?  

Most of the time yes.  Occasionally, I'll take a look at a sample or some of the jokes in my joke book to change things up a bit .  I love the "Read what you want, when you want" aspect of my Kindle

6.  How often do you download free books and from what site(s)?

Fairly often at first.  Mostly from Feedbooks.  I have used many of the other sites to.

7.  What's your favorite time of day and place to read your Kindle?

Anytime anywhere.  My couch, recliner or bed, home or at work.

8.  Month and year of your Kindle's birthday?

Nov 2k8

9.  Is the Kindle always by your side?

Almost always.

·
Registered
300 Posts
1.  How many books have you downloaded on Kindle?   23 books

2.  How many of your downloaded books have you finished reading?  6

3.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading on your Kindle? 2 or 3

4.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading non-Kindle books or magazines? about a hour

5.  Do you finish a downloaded Kindle book from start to finish?   Or do you jump around reading a few to several books at a time?  At any given time I'm reading one book and then my daily Bible readings

6.  How often do you download free books and from what site(s)?   I'm just getting started with free books and still trying different sites out.

7.  What's your favorite time of day and place to read your Kindle?   Work at break, when DH is at his evening classes and before going to sleep at night.

8.  Month and year of your Kindle's birthday? November 2008

9.  Is the Kindle always by your side?  YES, I can't leave my baby unattended.

·
Registered
89 Posts
1.  How many books have you downloaded on Kindle?
Too many to count...
2.  How many of your downloaded books have you finished reading?
I downloaded some books that I already read.  I have currently read on Kindle 6 or 7 since October.
3.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading on your Kindle?
Any chance I get, average 2 hours on workdays and 4+ on other days.
4.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading non-Kindle books or magazines?
1-2 hours
5.  Do you finish a downloaded Kindle book from start to finish?  Or do you jump around reading a few to several books at a time? 
I read start to finish, but sometimes I will read a short story or poetry.
6.  How often do you download free books and from what site(s)?
I download the Amazon free books so far and freekindlebooks.org.
7.  What's your favorite time of day and place to read your Kindle?
Anytime and anywhere
8.  Month and year of your Kindle's birthday?
Oooh...hmmm, October 28.  Uh oh, mom, sister, husband, and now Hepzibah! All Scorpios!
9.  Is the Kindle always by your side? YES!

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I have 13 ½ pages on home. Many are samples
Probably a dozen. . .I send them back to Amazon when I'm finished. Also newspapers and magazines -- read the Washington Post daily.
A few, more here. . .sigh!
Probably about 1 hour, before bed. I have lots of paper books I have to get through and that's my time for 'em.
Jump around. . .read for a while, then maybe switch to something shorter. Or if I know I don't have much time I start something shorter
not often, though I got a ton yesterday from Amazon :D Others from feedbooks and manybooks
anytime. . . .
July 2008
Duh! where else would it be? :D No, but, really, that will change when I start work in January I expect. . . .I'll have it with, but probably not be able to read much during the work day.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Around 40

25 - 30

2 during the week and 3 or 4 on the weekends

I read the sports and funnies in the daily paper and work the crossword puzzle, 30-45 minutes each morning

One at a time

Occasionally and only from Amazon, so far (I'm not into the "classics")

Anytime, anywhere

October, 2008

Yes!

·
Registered
74 Posts
1.  How many books have you downloaded on Kindle? 130

2.  How many of your downloaded books have you finished reading? 78

3.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading on your Kindle? 3 or 4 in the evening

4.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading non-Kindle books or magazines? only the newspaper

5.  Do you finish a downloaded Kindle book from start to finish?  Or do you jump around reading a few to several books at a time?  Finish one book at a time.

6.  How often do you download free books and from what site(s)? Amazon, when available and if I am interested in them.  Also, manybooks for classics.

7.  What's your favorite time of day and place to read your Kindle?  In the evening on the couch, fire in the fireplace, candles lit.

8.  Month and year of your Kindle's birthday? April, 2008

9.  Is the Kindle always by your side? No, I take it with me if I will be doing any waiting, otherwise it stays safely at home.

·
Registered
788 Posts
libro said:
Full books or samples? Not counting samples, 144.

libro said:
...2 :'(

libro said:
An average of 1 or 2, but sometimes I read all day.

libro said:
Nada.

libro said:
I like to finish a book once I start it.

libro said:
Too often, and from everywhere I can get them.

libro said:
Either at work on the big soft sofa, or after work in my bed.

libro said:
October 2008

libro said:
Saint-Germain is always in my bag, no question about it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
1. How many books have you downloaded on Kindle? 613

2. How many of your downloaded books have you finished reading? Somewhere about 200

3. Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading on your Kindle? 5-7 (don't sleep)

4. Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading non-Kindle books or magazines? 15-40 minutes (My Bible, devotional and local newspaper)

5. Do you finish a downloaded Kindle book from start to finish? Or do you jump around reading a few to several books at a time? Start to finish

6. How often do you download free books and from what site(s)? 153 of my d/l have been from manybooks.net

7. What's your favorite time of day and place to read your Kindle? Morning, afternoon, bedtime. Chair in den and bed.

8. Month and year of your Kindle's birthday? 2/08

9. Is the Kindle always by your side? Yes

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Currently 384

approx 4-5

approl 1/2 - 1 hr

Depends on the book. I usually read 2 - 3 at a time depending on what I'm in the mood to read or what I have time for

Amazon - anytime I find out about them and Manybooks.net- About once a month I will go over the lists to see if anything has been added that I don't have (I usually do a marathon session of downloading to my computer at once and get it over with so they are backed up on my computer and then download to Joy all at once too) Baen Free Library- I do the same as with Manybooks

I read anytime and place I can

August 12th, 2008

Never, ever go anywhere without it. Even when I KNOW I won't be using her, I still have her in my purse and my purse goes where I go

·
Registered
268 Posts
1) 17 books, 1 short story.

2) 9. I usually don't download a new book until I've finished the one I'm currently reading (I'm not one of those people who can read multiple books at one time.), however, due to the influx of free books on Amazon, plus outrageous savings on Outlander, plus upcoming book clubs, my Kindle now has a ton of stuff on it I have yet to read.

3) Really depends on the day. I would say most days, 1-2, but on others 5 or 6.

4) Since I got my Kindle? < 30 min. I'm a convert, that's for sure!

5) I always read only one book at a time. The only other things I'll read on my Kindle while I'm in the middle of a book are blogs, papers, and samples. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with samples, and instead count reading all of my samples as 1 book.

6) I downloaded a whole bunch when I first got my Kindle, only to delete them when they cluttered up my page. I plan on downloading them only when I really want to read one of them, never more than one at a time. I used freekindlebooks.org when I did download some.

7) Whenever I have a moment of peace....

8 ) November 20th, 2008, 4:04 PM EST

9) Most of the time. Being a relatively new Kindler, I sometimes forget to bring it with me places. But that is happening less and less frequently. (Plus there was that one weekend.....*shudders*).

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Not sure, I have 11 pages on my Home Screen of books and samples.
I have about 75 books downloaded to my PC that I haven't moved over yet.

2 so far&#8230; I have been driving back and forth to Houston to much to read, that and time on KindleBoards!

2-4&#8230; depends on much much time I am online!

None, all other non-Kindle reading is online.

This is one of the reasons I haven't finished but 2 books!! I jump around too much!

As often as they are available. Amazon, Feedbooks, Manybooks, FreeKindleBooks

Anytime I can, anywhere I want!

November 3, 2008, 1:42pm CST
Kwinn was officially named on November 12, 2008, 3:24am CST (I know, I have no life!!
;D

Always! Except when charging!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
1.  How many books have you downloaded on Kindle?  about 30

2.  How many of your downloaded books have you finished reading?  8-10

3.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading on your Kindle? 1 during week. 2 on weekends

4.  Approximately how many hours a day do you spend reading non-Kindle books or magazines? none except for newspapers.

mostly start to finish with a few exceptions

6.  How often do you download free books and from what site(s)?occasionally

7.  What's your favorite time of day and place to read your Kindle?before bed

8.  Month and year of your Kindle's birthday? Oct 08

9.  Is the Kindle always by your side?No

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
My mother told me it's not polite to count the things people collect: ::) Besides looks like I'm way behind 19 majority were free

:( none

1 hour - Usually lunch at work. Trying to finish up a dtb

jump around

when ever one catches my fansy, amazon and lots of classics from freebooks

at home on the couch curled up with the doggies

Nov. 24, 2008

Yip, I'm at work and it's setting next to me opened.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
libro said:
Betsy, thanks for being the first to answer the quiz! So, it sounds like KindleBoards.com is an addiction similar to the Kindle addiction. :D
Do I get a prize for being first? LOL! Yes, for me at least, Kindleboards is very addictive...

Betsy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts