Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A set of Kindle refurbs became available momentarily today, at 6:12pm Pacific time.

In that moment, six KindleBoards members were automatically sent email alerts about the availability. (Those are the members who have signed up so far for refurb email alerts with the 'Alert me' link in the forum header.)

Curious if anyone snagged one of those..!!?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was signed up and actually saw that there was a refurb, but wasn't fast enough.  The e-mail informing me didn't come until a few hrs. after the refurb. last night.  I'm in line for a March delivery and may just wait for that, but I can't stop myself from checking for the refurbs!

Kathy

·
Registered
455 Posts
I signed up for the alerts, but by the time I saw them this morning they were already gone. I got 3 alerts, btw.

I'm hoping to snag one for my father-in-law. My in-laws are going to Africa in February for a month. Mike's dad is a voracious reader and always takes a ton of books with him when they travel, but because of weight limitations, they really wanted a Kindle instead. They checked ours out when we were in Disney last week, but were really disappointed when we told them of the wait time to get a new one. So if we can get a refurb for them, they would be thrilled. :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Go to the Buy Sell Trade thread.  There is someone on there who still has 4 to sell.  You should be able to get one of those.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You might want to read my blog tips on how to snag one of those refurbs. It takes more work (so, depending on the value of your time, you may be better off buying one at a higher price and working overtime a few hours to pay for it), but I have received dozens of emails from people who managed to get one (including Nine yesterday). Don't know how many of those were kindleboarders.

http://beesontheknob.blogspot.com/2008/12/kindle-lotto-score-kindle-by-christmas.html

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thank you, Leslie, for the welcome.  I'm off now to hit the crowds for fun  :eek: Sat.-before-Christmas shopping, in the rain no less.  At least it is nearly 70 degrees!

Kathy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts