Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been really enjoying my Kindle this last week, but this morning, it saved me quite a drive in the snow. I spent the usual frantic morning getting the kids ready, packing lunches, and then ushering everyone out the door. Once I got out onto the road, I realized that I was really the only one driving and that it was snowing pretty hard. I pulled over and used Whispernet to check my gmail and lo and behold, the kids school had been cancelled :(

At least the Kindle saved me a 20 minute drive in the blowing snow, although it has been hard getting any work done with two little ones under foot!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Months ago I was taking one daughter to to her horseback riding lesson and then the other to gymnastics. when I realized I forgot my cell phone. I needed to call their dad because he was picking one of them up. I used whispernet to log into my email and sent him a text message to his cell phone from my email account. He was then able to text me back to my email account.

Saved my day too.

·
Registered
501 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Months ago I was taking one daughter to to her horseback riding lesson and then the other to gymnastics. when I realized I forgot my cell phone. I needed to call their dad because he was picking one of them up. I used whispernet to log into my email and sent him a text message to his cell phone from my email account. He was then able to text me back to my email account.

Saved my day too.
LOL - you KNOW you're a Kindleholic® when you drive off forgetting the cell phone, but remembering to take the Kindle!

;D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great story!  I was hoping to hear you also used it to dig the car out of a snowbank, sled to safety, and then read a good book to celebrate!  A nice ending nonetheless! 

J

·
Registered
493 Posts
I encountered a psycho menacing a group of nuns and orphans on the subway. I brandished my kindle at him, and  he tripped on his Snuggie, rendering himself unfashionable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Today I was in a discussion section for one of my philosophy classes, and we were discussing our mini-quiz due tomorrow... I had loaded the book we were studying onto my Kindle, so it was rather easy to find relevant passages with the search!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
my story happened a couple of weeks ago. The weekend before my big Psychology test & a US history and my computer crashes with ALL my notes on it. Thought I had to spend all weekend with techy friends trying to retrieve whatever files I could....I didn't care how long it took to retrieve my files cuz I needed my notes for the weekend so I could study at one point or another. Luckily, I had emailed the reorganized version of my test notes to my kindle and I was able to study from K1.

PS: I was able to get my files back eventually

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
These are great stories!  Keep 'em coming!

I used mine to keep alert while I was in the hot tub out here in San Diego....

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Yes, otherwise the strain would be too much.... ;D

if the sunshine outside gets too bright and hot, I come in to read....  and when it starts to get cloudy and cool, as it is this week, I come inside and read.  Yay for Kindles!!!1

Betsy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
I encountered a psycho menacing a group of nuns and orphans on the subway. I brandished my kindle at him, and he tripped on his Snuggie, rendering himself unfashionable.
I always heard that rendering a psycho unfashionable was the best way to handle the situation, I'm glad to hear that it worked for someone in RL! Thanks for sharing your experience. Jeni

1 - 14 of 14 Posts