Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No this isn't a question about adding screensavers to the Kindle, but actually about the ones that are already installed on the Kindle2...

Does Amazon occasionally "update" the screensavers over the whispernet behind our backs with new images? The only reason I ask is that for several days my screensavers will rotate the same few 4 or 5 pictures and then BAM! A new screensaver I have never seen before and then that will be in the rotation for a few days and another new one I've never seen... So do they send new ones once in a while or do I just have weird luck with screensavers? ???

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
LOL! Actually, there are 25 of them on there. They're supposed to rotate in order, but I think Amazon rigged it so we always see Oscar Wilde and Edgar Allen Poe. If you want, you can sleep/wake/sleep...over and over so you can see them all.

I know they did an update on the K1 last year and supposedly that changed a few of the screensavers, but I didn't have mine when they did it. I haven't heard of them doing it yet for the K2. I can't check either because I have custom ones on there.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I also think they are random, though Amazon says that they go in order.  I don't worry about it a lot, as when it's on a screensaver it's closed in my Oberon cover so I don't see it anyway!  :)

Ann

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody for the info. If there are 25 screensavers, then after seeing Alexandre Dumas today and Virgina Woolf yesterday for the first time (fyi I got my K2 the day it came out) I think that is about all of them!

·
Registered
599 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts