Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have heart all of you that are awaiting your K. I ordered my 2nd Kindle (for the wife) and was given an estimated delivery date between 12/8 - 12/12. Just got an email saying it has shipped and to expect it on 12/2 (I did free shipping - no accelerated shipping). So maybe you will get yours earlier than you think.

Steve

G

·
All ways good to know.  So far it seems they have been shipping well before the estimated due dates.  I hope they can keep it up.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
stevene9 said:
Have heart all of you that are awaiting your K. I ordered my 2nd Kindle (for the wife) and was given an estimated delivery date between 12/8 - 12/12. Just got an email saying it has shipped and to expect it on 12/2 (I did free shipping - no accelerated shipping). So maybe you will get yours earlier than you think.

Steve
That the best news, until you see "out for delivery" followed by "delivered." That's when you run outside, searching around the hedges to find where the mailman dropped your baby.

You're nearly there! Have you started downloading books yet?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Atunah said:
Hey, they send you mine. :D
I got bumped back from 16th december to February.
Congrats on getting yours earlier ;)
Did you ever enquire at Amazon Support as to why?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
stevene9 said:

Steve
So you'll be stalking the UPS dude/dudette on Tuesday, listening for that familiar rumble and a toot toot of the horn??? :p

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah, I already have my Kindle, this is one for my wife. I have already bought her some books which will download when she turns on whispernet. I asked her to compile a list of books she wants, and then I will show her how to download them, and let her marvel at the "coolness" of the whole process. I will be reading my Kindle while the UPS guy throws the new box in the bushes!

Steve

·
Registered
679 Posts
My UPS guy already knows any Amazon package is to be treated with special care... he knows i love my books!

When my Kindle gets closer to delivery, I will also make sure he knows that he has to deliver Amazon packages directly to me... I live out in the country, and if he has no other deliveries near me that day, sometimes he will drop off my packages if he sees my Dad in town... then i have tio wiat for my Dad to get them to me... that doesn;t make me happy as sometimes it takes an extra day (did that for a book I was extremely anxious for... was not a pretty sight)....

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
TM said:
My UPS guy already knows any Amazon package is to be treated with special care... he knows i love my books!

When my Kindle gets closer to delivery, I will also make sure he knows that he has to deliver Amazon packages directly to me... I live out in the country, and if he has no other deliveries near me that day, sometimes he will drop off my packages if he sees my Dad in town... then i have tio wiat for my Dad to get them to me... that doesn;t make me happy as sometimes it takes an extra day (did that for a book I was extremely anxious for... was not a pretty sight)....
My UPS man knows me well....he'll hide my package if he doesn't see my car in the driveway. When he delivered my Oberon cover, it clearly stated on the delivery label "Kindle cover". He asked me if I had one and if I liked it. He and his wife had gotten one for his mom not too long ago and she loves it. Though I wasn't supposed to talk about the cover with anyone...he was going to mention to his mom that that company makes covers ;-p Gotta love Steve the UPS dude :)

G

·
Most of the people that deliver to my house, know where to put my packages.  I rarely ever have a problem with them.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
My delivery guys are all great! They use the front porch (covered and protected) or inside garage if door is up. Even my mail carrier will take the time to bring packages to the door if they won't fit in the box (which is down on the road), instead of leaving me those "pick up" slips, which saves me a trip to the post office in town.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts