Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be Kindle 2 illiterate - but on another topic,  some of you are using ALT-SHIFT(up arrow)-1 (or other numbers) to change the line spacing.

When I do this - all I see is the number in the search section of the page at the bottom.

What am I doing wrong?

Do I have to disable the search function first?  How?

·
Registered
19 Posts
bordercollielady said:
That's what I'm doing.. I'm in a book, and hold all three down at the same time. Maybe my K2 is defective?
You might want to try it with another book! I thought my K2 was defective because I couldn't get this spacing shortcut (Alt-Shift-number) to work! (My K2 was also taking over 10 seconds to come out of sleep mode.)

But the spacing shortcut worked when I switched to another book (and the time was FAST coming out of sleep mode). I wonder if the book that caused the problems was somehow formatted in a weird way...

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
etiz said:
You might want to try it with another book! I thought my K2 was defective because I couldn't get this spacing shortcut (Alt-Shift-number) to work! (My K2 was also taking over 10 seconds to come out of sleep mode.)

But the spacing shortcut worked when I switched to another book (and the time was FAST coming out of sleep mode). I wonder if the book that caused the problems was somehow formatted in a weird way...
What book was it? I bet it's topaz formatted. Those are notorious for being poorly formatted. There's a way to tell, I'll have to see if I (or somebody quicker than me) can find the thread that explains it. But if you want to tell me the name, I can check.

·
Registered
19 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
What book was it? I bet it's topaz formatted. Those are notorious for being poorly formatted. There's a way to tell, I'll have to see if I (or somebody quicker than me) can find the thread that explains it. But if you want to tell me the name, I can check.
Thanks for this information! I searched for topaz on Kindleboards, and, based on what I found, tried downloading the book to my computer. Its file extension was .tpz - so the "mystery" is explained. The book was the problem, not my K2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts