Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I've probably purchased something like 8. Some I've liked a lot, some are meh. Some fiction, mostly non-fiction. I would purchase again, sure.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I've purchased two, both nonfiction.  The first one was an experiment, the second a topic I was very interested in by an author I like.  But i prefer long books so I don't see me buying many.

Betsy

·
Registered
461 Posts
I've been thinking about this, and haven't yet. I'm not sure how I feel about short stories. Novels have been my reading drug of choice for a decade or more, though I used to love Asimov, Analog, F&SF, Ellery Queen, and Hitchcock. But you quite got a few stories to read from.

I'm dithering whether to put up three backlist short stories of mine, or do them as an anthology. I think I'll go with anthology of all three, which will still be under 25,000 words (a little under a third of the word count of my romance novels, and less than half of my YA titles).

There's something about a good short story that is very satisfying, though.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I've downloaded a couple.  The problem for me is vetting them.  I love short stories & novellas, but not a lot of other people seem to read them or review them.  So it's a bigger risk of a waste of time for me.  It takes some guts to check out someone's story, if you don't know them as an author. 
That being said, the ones I have downloaded, have been from author's I already know and like.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I have yet to partake, but I will consider looking now that I read this thread.

FOr a time, I partook in the "Amazon Shorts" program - which always sounded more like a clothing line to me than a line of short stories.  Then they canceled that and told me to re-publish them for Kindle.  Instead, I combined my short stories into a collection and published THAT on Kindle.  It's been moderatly successful.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Not yet as I'm not really into short stories/novellas.

I did read "Beyond Bin Laden"-- a collection of essays edited by Newsweek's editor as a library e-book on my iPad.  I think that's available as a Kindle short.  I don't think it's worth $2 though, but was an ok read for free. :D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
After having a browse through the Kindle Singles section, I'm wondering if this is only exclusively for non-fiction books. There's no category underneath the Kindle Singles section to choose a genre, and from what I've seen, the most, if not all of these books seem to be non-fiction, memoirs, essays and all things similar. A few months ago when this program got launched, I submitted my novella but have yet to receive a response about it. I'm not sure if that's Amazon's way of rejecting my submission or what. From what I see in the store, though, that seems to be the case.

I know the program is still new, but I hope Amazon will allow for other genres of books to be included in the Kindle Single store.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I haven't yet but as they seem to be priced as much as some full-lenght books but I might try a couple if there's a non-fiction topic that I'm interested in. I don't think I'd buy a short story though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts