Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wow!  These are really similar to the other ones that are posted on the other thread...even some of the same fabrics and that market tote looks almost exactly the same pattern as the other one...hmmmmmm...thanks for posting!  :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I glanced through her sold items and don't see a single one in there.  So apparently this is a very new venture for her.  Oh wait -- it is new -- she just posted the listing today.  Gee, wonder where she got the idea?!  :D  We'll probably see more hopping on the bandwagon.  And why not?  BorsaBella has done so well with them - I guess it's only natural for others to want to do the same.  We need to email Melissa and tell her to boast that she has the ORIGINAL Kindle bag! LOL

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Wow, I just noticed this lady's bags are more expensive.  She's normally going to charge $39.99 but has a "promo special" going for $29.99.  Melissa's are only $25.00, her shipping is less, and her fabrics are prettier IMO.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
kari said:
Wow, I just noticed this lady's bags are more expensive. She's normally going to charge $39.99 but has a "promo special" going for $29.99. Melissa's are only $25.00, her shipping is less, and her fabrics are prettier IMO.
I agree Melissa bags are prettier and a better price.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was looking at these bags last night.  The Janine King ones say they are padded for protection.  I know Janine King has been making bags and laptop bags for a long time.  I remember looking at her stuff on ebay when I was pregnant with my DS and he's 5.5 now!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Abby said:
I was looking at these bags last night. The Janine King ones say they are padded for protection. I know Janine King has been making bags and laptop bags for a long time. I remember looking at her stuff on ebay when I was pregnant with my DS and he's 5.5 now!
Borsa Bella's state that they have padding too. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
163 Posts
kari said:
I glanced through her sold items and don't see a single one in there. So apparently this is a very new venture for her. Oh wait -- it is new -- she just posted the listing today. Gee, wonder where she got the idea?! :D We'll probably see more hopping on the bandwagon. And why not? BorsaBella has done so well with them - I guess it's only natural for others to want to do the same. We need to email Melissa and tell her to boast that she has the ORIGINAL Kindle bag! LOL
http://www.etsy.com/shop_sold.php?user_id=78675

I think her shop has been at etsy for a while. It looks like she has had over 6700 sales starting in 2006. The kindle items do look new however. And I agree that her items seem a bit high priced. I remember looking at her laptop bags a while ago and thought $70 for a sleeve was just too much even if featured on M.S.

·
Registered
97 Posts
kari said:
I must have missed that. I think one has foam and the other batting but either way there's padding. I'm not ordering any of them because none of the patterns call out to me so far.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Abby said:
I must have missed that. I think one has foam and the other batting but either way there's padding. I'm not ordering any of them because none of the patterns call out to me so far.
I think it said light padding - I don't remember exactly without going back and looking. But honestly, padding must not be necessary for the Kindle if we look at the Amazon cover and the flimsy Cole Haan cases as examples.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have a laptop bag and a couple of wristlets from janine king...she's been on etsy and ebay for awhile.  Her items are well made.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
kari said:
I do not need a lot of padding on mine. I want to be able to fit the K2 with the oberson cover on it. If there is too much padding I may not be able to fit the K2 with the cover on in it.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
The Borsa Bella Bag

It is here It is here and it is beautiful. I can fit my K1 in with the oberon case on it. And there is still room in the length. I think it is going to work with the K2 with a case on.  And the padding is perfect.   

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Anne said:
The Borsa Bella Bag

It is here It is here and it is beautiful. I can fit my K1 in with the oberon case on it. And there is still room in the length. I think it is going to work with the K2 with a case on. And the padding is perfect.
I just posted in the other thread on this topic. Mine came today too! I love it! It's really cute and well-made. I can't test it out yet as K2 will not be here until Thursday but I think it's going to work great. Yay!!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I actually have checked out her shop many times and just prior to finding Melissa and she did not have those. I really do not like the band across the top, or whatever that is. I also think the strap looks cheap.

I got my case from Borsa Bella today and am very impressed with the quality and detail. She can also make the strap removable if you want (she did for me). Her customer service has just been amazing and the price is so much better!

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Octochick said:
I actually have checked out her shop many times and just prior to finding Melissa and she did not have those. I really do not like the band across the top, or whatever that is. I also think the strap looks cheap.

I got my case from Borsa Bella today and am very impressed with the quality and detail. She can also make the strap removable if you want (she did for me). Her customer service has just been amazing and the price is so much better!
My strap was removable. I love my bag. I cannot wait to put my K2 in it. Melissa customer service is amazing and her prices are better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You know I checked out this board specifically to find out what others thought of Janine King's cases and the unkind comments that I have found here and the obvious personal bias towards Borsa Bella is a turn-off and sways me in JK's direction.

It looks to me like Borsa Bella, along with help from some members on this board, is trashing Janine King, NOT the other way around. Compare BB and JK's listings on Etsy and see for yourself. JK came out with hers just a couple of days after BB did. I don't think she could have copied anyone that fast. My guess is that hers were well in the works and BB just beat her to the punch. Another thing, take a look and you'll see that JK has been selling laptop bags and padded cases on Etsy for a long time and her Kindle cover looks very similar to her other bags. I think it's unfair to say she copied BB.

BTW Janine King is getting great feedback about her kindle covers : http://www.etsy.com/feedback_public.php?user_id=78675.

JK's covers may be $5 more but they have an extra zipper pocket (that's what the band across is, a zipper ). You don't get that with BB's bag. Also JK's look thicker and more padded. I don't understand the talk about them being so expensive. Honestly, they look like a better value to me and the fabric selection is so much better. There are at least 3 that totally love and can't choose between and I can't say that for BB's covers. There are only a few to pick from and none of them speaks to me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts