Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link didn't work.
But I was on a book page and there was a link under the address bar for Kindle Summer Rewards.

I think I stumbled into it on one of my Fires, but I signed up and it reminds me of the summer reading programs we had at the library when I was a kid. I already have the badges for finishing one, two, and three books - and that's where it stops. Honestly, three books in three months is nothing. But I guess some folks don't read as much as I (we) do.
I like the idea of earning credits for the books that I buy. I have some expensive ones coming out in the next few months that I might be more willing to buy if I got some credits.

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
They did something like this last year and I remember getting some credits after a certain level. I can't find links for a current program anywhere on Amazon right now, maybe I'll get an email ...

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
Oh, please do share if either of you find the link such a thing .... I'm happy always to get some $$$ credit toward ebooks. :) And I will as well -- will go hunting a bit this evening.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I am logged in to Amazon and use the link for Kindle Books on Amazon's home page, I get a list of options going across the screen starting with Buy a Kindle and then Kindle Summer Rewards

I tried to find it in a different browser without being logged in, and there was nothing in the same space.
I don't know if I see if because I already activated it, or if it's there for everyone...

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
By typing Kindle Summer Rewards Program in my google search, I got a hit for a site called hip2save.com which had an article about it and an Amazon link to determine eligibility. The Amazon page shows up with:
Sorry... this program has limited access while in beta.
Bah humbug.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well phooey!! I didn't notice that it said beta.
If you have something with the Kindle app on it, you might try going through that and checking the messages. I am pretty sure I found the invite that way on my Fire.

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
Phooey indeed. :( But thanks for searching, crebel.

And thanks, too, Andra -- I will check my Fire.

·
Registered
22,149 Posts
I received an email invite for the program. It did state it was beta somewhere along the path to register. I don't think there are as many options for badges and rewards as one we participated in earlier in the year. Most of them this time are based on purchases, not your reading habits.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Does this link let you sign up?

Edited to add:

I just figured out why I got the invite. I saw an email that said I got it for subscribing to the Kindle Rewards emails.

Go to Your Account - scroll down to Communication And Content - click on Email Subscriptions - activate Kindle Rewards.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
One thing I just found out about the credits - you have to click to redeem them when you hit 400 pts. If you don't, it does carry over (currently over 500) so I am hoping to be able to collect enough for an expensive book.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Now there is another offer. Spend $25 and get 500 bonus points. Limited time offer.

This offer can also be found in the link I posted above if it works for you.

Update:

I am having an issue with signing in or receiving the bonus points with this program. According to tech support, others are having the same issue and they are working on it (beta!).

Update 2:

Looks like they may have fixed the problem, I received the bonus points today.

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
Does this link let you sign up?

Edited to add:

I just figured out why I got the invite. I saw an email that said I got it for subscribing to the Kindle Rewards emails.

Go to Your Account - scroll down to Communication And Content - click on Email Subscriptions - activate Kindle Rewards.

The link did NOT let me sign in -- says it's a beta thing -- but I did follow the breadcrumbs you left :) and turned on Kindle Rewards. Thanks!

Reactions: MI 2 AZ
1 - 13 of 13 Posts