Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - you all know that Trixie arrived today. (She's a beautiful baby, btw)

I had an interesting experience that I thought I'd share. After carefully unwrapping her, I charged her up and turned her on.

I'd spent hours going through book recommendations and the Amazon Kindle bookstore choosing samples to download as soon as she connected, so was pretty excited. Ok - she's charged up, connects to Whispernet, and..... nothing. No downloads. Nothing but the Kindle Users Guide. I keep looking for something I've missed. Where's my letter from Jeff?

I see now - I need to input my Amazon account information - no problem! Information input and now she's all set...as Lynn's Kindle2! What? Yikes! Where's Trixie?

Long story shortened (sorry!), I called Kindle Support. She explained that since the Kindle associated with my account, Trixie, didn't have a serial number, this new one was going to be registered. Not a huge issue except I'd spent hours choosing and sending samples to Trixie. Since the manage your Kindle page only shows your previous 10 downloads, I was going to have to redo all of my work.

Now for the A+ service. She looked and tried some things and was able to find a way (that she didn't know about) to locate all of my sample choices. She then merged the two registrations under the correct Trixie account and resent all of my samples. Yippee!  ;D

So - Trixie is loaded up and I'm halfway through the first book. LOVE IT. It is taking some getting used to, but I know I'm going to be a forever fan.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming....

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I love hearing these positive Kindle support stories. All of my interactions with them have been A+, too. Glad to know everything worked out for you PC.

L

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
A shaky start with a happy ending.  Amazon cs is amazing.  The few problems I've had, they've fixed right away. 

I know you'll spend many happy hours with Trixie. 

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
That's great pickychicky!! I have had 2 dealings with Kindle support and both times I was extremely pleased!

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I had a very good experience with Amazon support regarding a DVD purchase ($122.00) this past summer.  Very happy with the outcome of it.  :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yeah, Pickychicky!

Glad to hear you and Trixie are together and you're having tons of fun  :)

Enjoy,

Marci

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vampyre said:
Very cool. I guess you wont be watching TV tonight...:)
Funny you should say that. I was actually reading and watching TV last night. Boston Legal was on and they did a speech about how so many folks don't pay total attention to the tv because they're doing other things. :-[ Caught!

LOL

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I was watching Boston Legal too and reading my Kindle at the same time.  Ouch, they caught me too.  With all the shows that are going off the air, like Boston, I'll be just reading my Kindle soon and not even have the TV on. 

1 - 10 of 10 Posts