Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems tags are gone for e-books although they remain in paper books. How are you doing without them? Do you care that they are gone? Did you use them to find books in categories you like to read, IE: mysteries, cozy mysteries, female sleuth, amateur detective? I rely on them and I'm :mad: they are gone!
Nancy Lynn Jarvis

·
Super Moderator
67,346 Posts
Honestly, I barely noticed they were there. . .and when I did it always seemed there were a lot of inaccurate tags.  So, don't make no never mind to me. :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
They've been gone for a week or two.

I've seen a bunch of discussion of it over the writing blogosphere, but as far as I've seen, Amazon hasn't released an explicit statement about them.

If you scroll all the way down though there is still 'look for similar items by category' and 'look for similar items by subject'.

I entered 'cozy mystery ebook' and scrolled down on the first hit and I saw stuff like this (btw the product description makes it clear this story does have humor elements, so those aren't out of place):

Books > Literature & Fiction > Comic
Books > Mystery & Thrillers > Mystery
Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor
Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery & Thrillers

FICTION / Humorous
FICTION / Mystery & Detective / General
action
beach read
caper
contemporary fiction
cozy mystery
funny book
humor
humorous mystery
mystery

Cindy,

On your book I see in the search by category/subject:

Books > Literature & Fiction
Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Adventure & Thrillers
Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction > Adventure
Look for Similar Items by Subject
FICTION / Science Fiction / Adventure
FICTION / Science Fiction / General
Mars
psychic
romance.
science fiction military
young adult

So, it seems like from a reader perspective, there is still plenty of ways to find similar books even without the tags.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I just saw in the tag exchange thread (maybe this should be merged over there) that someone got an e-mail from Amazon explaining that the tags will be back soon for digital books, and this is just part of some normal tweaking and not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts