Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoo Hoo! I just sold a treadmill that wasn't being used!
So - do I harbor the money for K-books - or an Oberon cover?
Choices, choices; I'll probably hoard for books - since my recent acquisition of both my KK and a net Asus netbook have completely depleted my toy money for the rest of the year!

(However, I still have my DTpaperbacks to go through and haul to the used book store-so maybe there will be more).

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Good for you! I had to trade my sister a treadmill I didn't use for a window screen my doggie decided to use as a door!

Personally I'd use the money for an Oberon cover if you don't already have one. ;D you can always take your change to coinstar and get ecertificates. I'm so glad i got my cover while I still had a job. I really love it. See i'm not biased LOL  :eek: ;D

now i wonder what I can get for the doggie........... :-X

theresam

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I say: go for the Oberon cover!!!!!! You absolutely NEED it, really  ;D! And you WILL enjoy it sooo much...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Go for the Oberon  :)  (uh oh,  :eek: does that make me an enabler??)
  at least that's what I plan to do once I sell some junk I'm not using.  I find it easier to find book money than Oberon money... LOL

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have known better than to suggest I might do anything other than accessorize in general or get an Oberon specifically. We'll see; if I get one, it will be ROH in purple. I am a complete purple freak.

But, I do need something to read on my KK. Yes, Yes, I have lots of free books and I've got feed readers set up to tell me when anything new that is free is available. I've got 5 pages of books, since I got my KK on 3/18/09, and I've only paid for 4 of them. (Spent only $20 on books total so far)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also - I'm begging my kids for GCs for Mom's day upcoming - so I can get more books.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I told my kids I want Amazon GCs too but I believe they are actually getting me an Oberon.  :eek:
My DH & DD were asking ame about it tonight.  I can't decide which of my 2 favs I really want first  :'(

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've looked at ROH many times recently on the Oberon site, but tonight I watched the video on the cover; wow- I am ALMOST definitely convinced.

I am going to exercise RESTRAINT and ponder this a few more days!!!

And I want to say that I LOVE the friends and compadres on this Board. Everyone is GREAT.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, dont think about it so long that it gives you a headache. I just got my Tree of Life cover by UPS today, and am already digging for my charge card so I can get the Roof Of Heaven... I absolutely "need" it. Or so I keep telling myself.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Books, cover, books, cover...Tough decision. You do want books to read, I mean that is the point of a Kindle right? On the other hand, you've made an investment and you need to protect it. You also want it to look nice. I say spring for the Oberon and start throwing all your spare change in the coin jar.

The purple ROH is gorgeous and worth every penny.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You ALL are being very nasty enablers!  ;D

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
CegAbq said:
You ALL are being very nasty enablers! ;D
I dunno... I thought so myself until I actually held my Kindle today for the first time. She's so delicate and fragile... how could you NOT get her a cover?? There is no way I'd be transporting her in my purse without lots of padding. If said padding is also beautiful, so much the better! ;D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Get the cover...then sell more stuff! De-clutter and get book money!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No more toy money. And no new books. The enablers win!

ROH in purple ordered.
KK skin ordered (brand new one as requested by me):

Nettie (my netbook) skin ordered:

As for a case/carryall, I think I'm probably going to design my own.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats on the purple ROH... you wont regret it  ;D . Besides what does $80 buy these days anyway, besides a bag and a half of groceries or a tank and a half of gas!

The skins are beautiful!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts