Kindle Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I have had 5.13.5 (and now 5.13.6) on my Oasis for weeks, but only now did the cover as screensaver option appear.

I am currently reading a book transferred directly from a computer so at least for me the bok need not be downloaded from Amazon.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
I am really enjoying the book cover as screen saver option. Even though I still have a magnetic cover on my Kindles (Voyage and Oasis 2), I don't close them anymore unless they are going in my purse. I just hit the off button and it's like have the book laying there on my side tables.

The only miniscule drawback I find is because they are screensavers, it means the lighting is off and some of them are very dark - almost too dark to make out unless it's under a table lamp. I still prefer having it to not, it was a looooooonnnnnngggg time coming.

·
5,946 Posts
My current book doesn't display the cover correctly.

When you use the 'go to' option to go to the cover page at the beginning of the book it has the same pictorial cover as shown on Amazon, so the Kindle clearly knows what the 'cover' is supposed to be.

But when I switch off my Kindle it displays a plain page with just text on it giving the title and author. I can't find that page anywhere in the book. Strange. :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
67,395 Posts
Yeah. I've had one or two books do that as well. And it doesn't work at all if the last thing I read was the newspaper. But most books seem to work o.k.

I think I'll start paying attention and see if I can find a pattern to figure out whether it's more often independent books, big name books, KU books, etc .... or if it's just random! :D

61 - 64 of 64 Posts