Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are a team of students from the School of Information at UC Berkeley who are analyzing the usability of the Amazon Kindle from the
perspective of professional researchers. If you consider yourself a professional researcher (academic faculty,corporate researcher, PhD student), we would like to invite you to participate in our survey, which asks about your usage of the Kindle and the overall user experience. You can find the survey at http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/survey-intro.zgi?p=WEB228J7ZRUFAD
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Your survey has a few problems, most notably questions that ask to choose "all that apply" but only one option can be selected.

L

·
Registered
788 Posts
I took the survey and I noticed the same thing as Leslie, any questions that said "Click all that apply" were not multiple choice.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I have alerted the students involved in this. Let's hold off on the survey until we get answers back, and hopefully a corrected survey. - Harvey

·
Registered
788 Posts
Sorry mate, but there's a problem with question 4 now. I can't choose the same number (say, 1) for more than one of the items.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Mikuto, nothing wrong with question 4.  Rate the five different options in order of preference.

·
Registered
788 Posts
...apparently that was a PEBCAK....Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard. My bad.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Since I'm not a professional researcher or PhD student, I guess I can't take the survey.
I hate missing a chance to tell people how I feel about Kindling. 

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Since I'm not a professional researcher or PhD student, I guess I can't take the survey.
I know how you feel... I love telling people about Kindling!!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I just heard back from the research team, and they fixed question 4 a few moments ago. But Question 6 and others are still not working. Please hold off, and I'll post here when it's good to go.

·
Registered
260 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Same here. I do consider myself a professional reader. I wonder if that counts?

·
Registered
829 Posts
nope.  Check all that apply on 6 still only lets you pick one

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Thanks - I noted that too, and was modifying my previous post while you posted that. Thanks. There may be other errors too - I've asked the research team to check it thoroughly and then to send it back out when it's ready.

We don't have the time to be filling out problematic surveys, when our time would be better spent posting in the Hugh Jackman thread. :D

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Harvey said:
Thanks - I noted that too, and was modifying my previous post while you posted that. Thanks. There may be other errors too - I've asked the research team to check it thoroughly and then to send it back out when it's ready.

We don't have the time to be filling out problematic surveys, when our time would be better spent posting in the Hugh Jackman thread. :D
ROFLOL!! thanks Harvey!! my first belly laugh of the day... sorry BJ, he beat you to it!! :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Harvey said:

I have a pro subscription to Zoomerang that I use for training surveys at work and I can attest to the fact that it is fairly idiot proof. It scares me that UC Berkley students have posted such a sloppy survey.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Harvey said:
Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one, Harvey!!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Harvey said:

LMAO Harvey, you sarcastic devil you! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts