Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have problem in my kindle , it start when I plug Kindle USP in computer that contain virus ,
the virus damages USP applications , it deletes all documents and make it as a shouter only , now I can not transfer any thing to my kindle -___-
see this picture to be clear , this is when i plug Kindle USP in my computer :
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/unlednvv.jpg/

-
of course i scan it by using anti virus , but the problem still occurs.

Please can you give me any advice ?
Thanks

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
That image is not indicating anything wrong to me. Are you saying you cannot open up the "Documents" folder in that window (which is where your book files are)?

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
The "system" folder, if I recall correctly, is a hidden file. On Windoze, you have to change the default settings in the file explorer window to show hidden files in order for it to show up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NogDog

thanks alot -f-
the problem is i can not find the original folders , only the shouters and also the shouters not works !!

cannot open up the "Documents" folder in that window (which is where your book files are)?
yes, i can not open it because it is not there , there are a shouters ( i do not make it ) and also its not work.

The "system" folder, if I recall correctly, is a hidden file. On Windoze, you have to change the default settings in the file explorer window to show hidden files in order for it to show up.
i change the default settings to show hidden files but also its not appear .

Thanks from my heart -f-
:: ::

Linjeakel

the picture shows every things .
yes the folder is like as it lost now -_-
thanks a lot -f-

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I don't think that the Documents folder should be a shortcut. Or the other two that are shortcuts, either. What kind of computer are you using, and what OS?

Have you tried a Reset?

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jmiked

yes as you say , in the past (  I mean before plug it in a computer that contain virus ) every thing is work , I can transfer my book from computer to kindle using USP , by putting the books in the"" Document"" folder .
now , I can not , because the "" Document "" folder is not there any time , and because the virus it make all the folders as  a shouters .

yes i try restart .

lap top ( Toshiba)  , OS : windows XP

thanks a lot -f-

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Disconnect the Kindle from your PC, then restart the Kindle using Home...Menu....Settings....Menu...Restart.

Does the Kindle then work properly, letting you read books on it?

Next, try plugging it into a completely different PC, not the one that had the virus even if you think the virus has been cleaned.

Are the folders OK now?

If not, then the only thing I can think of is to reset the Kindle to factory defaults - again, make sure it is disconnected then pick Home...Menu...Settings...Menu---Reset to Factory Defaults.

This will clear EVERYTHING off your Kindle, including all your books, and put it back into the state it was when you received it.

You'll have to copy your books back on afterwards.

Oh, and I realise English is not your native language, but some of the words you use are not helping people to understand the problem - the connection is USB, not USP, and the folders are now appearing as Shortcuts, not shouters. Hope this helps!  :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Morf
thanks from my heart !!
now its working hay hay :D
I follow your advice , the last steps it solve this problem : )
am really happy ^_^

Oh, and I realise English is not your native language, but some of the words you use are not helping people to understand the problem - the connection is USB, not USP, and the folders are now appearing as Shortcuts, not shouters. Hope this helps!
yes this is correct ^_^
you are amazing person ^_^
God bless ya
for you :

1 - 11 of 11 Posts