Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I ordered my K2 on the 13th, and have a delivery date of the 25th.  I first fell in love with an e-reader when I saw the Sony model at my local Borders, but couldn't justify the expense.

When the K1 came out, I was fascinated, but still couldn't justify it.  I went to Amazon last week to order a toy for my SGD for her first BD next week and saw the K2.  After debating in my head back and forth, and checking out the Kindle store, I came to realize that the Kindle will pay for itself w/in 6 months or less.  I normally buy 5-10 books, mostly hardbacks, per month.

So I have some questions for all you fine experts    ;D.

I've created a "wish list" of books to remind myself of which books I want to purchase and download right away, as soon as I receive my K2.  Can I purchase them now, then download when I get it?  Or should I wait?

I purchased the Amazon cover and the Mighty Brite light.  I would prefer the cover with the light attached to it.  Should I change the order?  Do you have any recommendations?  My dd11 covets the light (I received it last week), and I would be happy to let her have it if there is a better option available for me.

OMGosh, I know I have more questions, but can't think of them right now!  If it's OK with you all, I think I'll stick around here, you all seem so nice and very knowledgeable.

I

·
0 Posts
I ordered a Mighty Bright as well.  I've had it since November and have yet to use it.  If my power ever goes out, I'll be ready though.  I did test it and it works great.  Instead of clipping it to my cover, I clipped it to my cap.  :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
yasmina - congratulations!

I have the mightybright and the M-edge cover with the light.  I absolutely love having the light attached to the cover because I take my Kindle with me alot and its so nice not to have to remember to pack the booklight.  That being said, the mightybright is actually a better light, but I still will use my illuminator for the convenience.  There is a version 2 of the light in the works, I will definitely be purchasing it in March as soon as M-edge will take my order.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
yasmina - Congrats on your first post and welcome to the kindleboards.  Be sure and go to the Introduction and Welcome thread and tell us a little more about you and also so others can welcome you as well.  All questions will be answered sooner or later just roam around the board to your hearts content.  8)

·
Registered
737 Posts
yasmina said:
I've created a "wish list" of books to remind myself of which books I want to purchase and download right away, as soon as I receive my K2. Can I purchase them now, then download when I get it? Or should I wait?
Order now. They will WN (download) to your K2 when it arrives.

But do not max out your credit card until after the K2 ships!!! ;)

UH OH!!! I forgot, we are not supposed to sugest anyone is unable to control their credit card use. Check under your sofa cushions, for spare change, before you order any Kbooks!!! Then send the spare change to me.

It was the Cown Yodel speking.

B

·
0 Posts
davem2bits said:
Order now. They will WN (download) to your K2 when it arrives.

But do not max out your credit card until after the K2 ships!!! ;)

UH OH!!! I forgot, we are not supposed to sugest anyone is unable to control their credit card use. Check under your sofa cushions, for spare change, before you order any Kbooks!!! Then send the spare change to me.

It was the Cown Yodel speking.
How dare you poke fun at LDBLDBL?

Even Canadiables love him as our economic savyur.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the information and welcomes!

Hearing that some K2's have shipped already is really exciting.  I'm thinking and dreaming of it constantly.  My order still says "Not yet shipped", but I hope to see that changed soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Harmakhet said:
Welcome to the KB Yasmina. Your name is very familiar. You go to school at AiP *Art Institute of Pittsburgh? Yasmina isn't a common name.
No, I don't go to AiP, but it's interesting that I do live near Pittsburgh. I chose the name Yasmina after studying Arabic at OSU for 2 summers 15 years ago. I've always thought that it was a beautiful name.

·
Registered
737 Posts
yasmina said:
I chose the name Yasmina after studying Arabic at OSU for 2 summers 15 years ago. I've always thought that it was a beautiful name.
What a coincidense, I studied English for 14 years (I was real proud of myself for only having to repeat two years) This was more years ago than I can count (Hey the English class was enough for me!!!) I find it a beautiful (Thanks for spelling that for me) langauge and still practice it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts