Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(1) is this something new???

(2) is it like a lay-a- way where you get it after fully paid for or do you receive Voyage at end of March when they are back in stock again???

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
I didn't see that offer.  I got offered 6 months financing.  Will they be billing your credit card?  If yes, then it is not a lay away.

·
Super Moderator
67,346 Posts
When they've offered things like this before, they generally send the device as soon as available and then bill monthly according to the agreement.  So, no, not layaway. You do have to have a credit card on file, I think . . . . . even plenty of Gift Card credit won't be sufficient.

·
Registered
406 Posts
MrKnucklehead said:
(1) is this something new???

(2) is it like a lay-a- way where you get it after fully paid for or do you receive Voyage at end of March when they are back in stock again???
It's not new. I bought my Voyage on that plan. I received it immediately (last month, when they were in stock). So far I have only paid $50 (tax is paid up front). I considered it a great way to try it and see if I liked it. (Which I do).

I had used one of these offers the previous year on a Kindle device. So maybe the offer shows up once a year, or periodically?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The same plan is offered on the Kindle Paperwhite (newest one) as of this week. Five payments (no interest) of $23.80 for the Paperwhite which ships right away.  No waiting!  :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I ordered the Voyage, the offer was on the right hand side of screen under the payment options. I ordered the Paperwhite this weekend and did not see the offer, but when I put it in my basket and went to checkout, it automatically defaulted to the 5 payment plan. Thought it was strange that it did not show on the order page. If interested, you might call Amazon Customer Service and ask about it. In case anyone is interested, here is the email they sent regarding this purchase:

You will be charged for your first payment, plus applicable tax and shipping charges, when your Kindle ships. Your remaining balance will be charged in 4 monthly payments, according to the payment schedule detailed below.
Payment Schedule
- When your Kindle ships: $23.80
- 30 days from shipment date: $23.80
- 60 days from shipment date: $23.80
- 90 days from shipment date: $23.80
- 120 days from shipment date: $23.80

Total $119.00, plus applicable tax and shipping charges

If you need further assistance with your order, you can reach us by clicking Contact Us on our Kindle Support pages at:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlesupport

We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely,

Kindle Customer Service
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/kindlesupport

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm.  Wonder why I got the offer?  I had no idea it existed until I was ready to place my order.  My only suggestion is to call customer service and ask about the offer.  As you can see, I did get the offer, so not sure why it would not be offered to all.  Luvmykindle3, it is not for Amazon credit cards only as I do not have one.  But, obviously, you do need a credit card on file.  I would definitely call customer service!

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
I'm not sure there is any rhyme or reason as to who or when Amazon makes the payment-plan offer.  When the Voyage was first available to order, quite a few people mentioned being offered a payment plan when they checked out.  I did call Kindle Customer Service to ask if I could take advantage of a payment plan and was told no, that it was luck of the draw if it was offered and they wouldn't/couldn't specifically authorize it for an individual account.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm glad that you contacted Amazon Customer Service even though they were unable to help you at the moment.  I'd keep watching the link for an offer to pop up.  With Amazon, you never know!  Maybe making an inquiry will trigger an offer?  So, from what you were told, I guess I just got lucky!  Hopefully, you will see an offer soon.  Sure makes it easy to purchase a Kindle.

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
I didn't get that offer either when I ordered my Voyage, might have used it. I did get it in the past for I think the HDX, or might have been the PW2 when it came out, but I already had the PW1 at the time.

I only saw that offer once for my account, it was like a orange banner on the top of the product page.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
ReadingJoy said:
I'm glad that you contacted Amazon Customer Service even though they were unable to help you at the moment. I'd keep watching the link for an offer to pop up. With Amazon, you never know! Maybe making an inquiry will trigger an offer? So, from what you were told, I guess I just got lucky! Hopefully, you will see an offer soon. Sure makes it easy to purchase a Kindle.
Thanks, but no worries, I went right ahead and bought the Voyage full price without a payment plan. I love it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I yanked my order from Amazon.com and bought a Voyage last night at Best Buy...

sales associate at local Best Buy (near Niagara Falls, NY) said they had quite a few on stock because of high price...

I know they're two different kind of 6" devices,but, you can buy TWO Kindle Fire's for the price of ONE Kindle Voyage...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts