Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured this would be a good place for everyone who is receiving their Kindle Voyage over the coming days and weeks to post their initial impressions.

So, you fine lucky people, let's hear your thoughts... likes, dislikes, comparisons, whatever!

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
And once we do get it . . . . we'll all go off line for a couple of hours while we bond with it. ;D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well my first impression was good and I have not got mine yet... does that count?  ;)

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
Yes!  MY first impression was so positive that I ordered the thing right away! :D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I'm currently reading the User's Guide, and I have a first impression:  because it has the PagePress sensors (aka "buttons" for the purposes of discussion), you can use those to move through your pages on the Home screen.  Since we've had numerous members who have had problems turning pages on the home screen without selecting a book instead of turning the page, I declare this A Good Thing.  (The trick on the Paperwhite is to swipe diagonally across the page, not horizontally.)

Betsy

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I'm anxious to hear the first impressions, but I also would like to hear about the Amazon cover as well. I am not fond of top flip covers so I ordered the Belkin cover that is more like the Paperwhite cover. I should get that today, but my Voyage is not due until Nov 19th which gives me time to decide if I would prefer it. That will be a decision I make based on the reviews here.  ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Kathy said:
I'm anxious to hear the first impressions, but I also would like to hear about the Amazon cover as well. I am not fond of top flip covers so I ordered the Belkin cover that is more like the Paperwhite cover. I should get that today, but my Voyage is not due until Nov 19th which gives me time to decide if I would prefer it. That will be a decision I make based on the reviews here. ;D
Look for those reviews in our Reviews section or in Accessories! I've ordered the Poetic cover and will post my impressions of that when it gets here next week.

Betsy

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Look for those reviews in our Reviews section or in Accessories! I've ordered the Poetic cover and will post my impressions of that when it gets here next week.

Betsy
Will do.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I just finished reading a couple chapters and this is what I e-mailed to my friend...

well I could of sent pictures but it would not do it justice, the text is very dark, they couldn't do better. Page turns are instant and no flicker at all. You can adjust the light or have it adjust for you. I went with the later and it did a great job. You can touch the screen or push the area that indicates the button and no just touching it does not turn the page, you have to push it , so no bad page turn and when you do push you don't get but one page turn so again no extra page turns. The glass is flush with the enclosure and it feels like paper to me. Its an excellent reader, This is better than the paperwhite 2 hands down , I don't know what they could of done to make it better. Its almost perfect

still playing with this but the Voyage is worth the price and fwiw I don't think its a bad price...

·
Registered
251 Posts
larryb52 said:
I just finished reading a couple chapters and this is what I e-mailed to my friend...

well I could of sent pictures but it would not do it justice, the text is very dark, they couldn't do better. Page turns are instant and no flicker at all. You can adjust the light or have it adjust for you. I went with the later and it did a great job. You can touch the screen or push the area that indicates the button and no just touching it does not turn the page, you have to push it , so no bad page turn and when you do push you don't get but one page turn so again no extra page turns. The glass is flush with the enclosure and it feels like paper to me. Its an excellent reader, This is better than the paperwhite 2 hands down , I don't know what they could of done to make it better. Its almost perfect

still playing with this but the Voyage is worth the price and fwiw I don't think its a bad price...
Thanks for sharing that, Larry. I'm really interested in how the Voyage compares with the PW2. The most important thing to me is the display, and it sounds as though the Voyage is noticeably better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just received the Kindle Voyage what a beautiful thing! It is far the best e-reader out there. You all that have wanted the page turn buttons should love this.  :) Can't wait for the rest of you to receive yours!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Oh my god, mine just got here and I have to agree -- the display is amazing. Incredibly clear, dark, and crisp, with no evidence of pixels at all.

I also love the haptic feedback, which is WAY more subtle than I imagined it would be. It's not an outright buzz; it's very gentle and not distracting. Nifty! And IMO, autobrightness is awesome -- the fade from light to dark and back is so subtle, I barely notice it until it's happened.

My only gripe is that the back is going to attract a lot of fingerprints. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got it and love it!  Love the page turning sensors with the haptic feedback.  As DianaGS said, it is so soft that it won't distract from the reading experience.

Fingerprint-y already.  Ugh.  Let's hope decals are made soon and that it includes a back decal for the whole back.

Oh, and I have never wanted an Oberon Designs cover but now I do.  This thing is too pretty not to have the best.  ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just so you know, I'm trying very hard not to hate you folks that have already received yours while I can't see mine until I get home from work in about 6 hours.

I aint saying, just saying. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
My last Kindle (which I gave to my granddaughter) was a Kindle 2, so this comparison for me will be quite a leap, can't wait for Nov 26th. :)

1 - 20 of 480 Posts