Kindle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,702 Posts
I concur with Linda. It's not an issue that I've seen brought up here before -- where part of the screen is responsive and part is not, without there being any visible damage. But, for what it's worth, if it's an issue with the screen, the answer is almost always that it's not something the user can usually fix. But if the authorized repair people won't fix it, I'm not sure what else there is to do. Linda's suggestion of googling for replacement parts and 'how to' videos is a good one -- if that's something you would be willing to try yourself.

You might contact Amazon directly. I'm sure they wont' repair it -- it's not supported any more -- but they are likely to offer you a discount on a replacement Kindle -- newer model. The current PW is very similar to the Voyage -- though the Voyage aesthetic design with the beveled back is better in my opinion. :) If you contact them, mention the fact that it's a 3G device which is no longer a supported network -- at least, not in the US. No idea where you're located so maybe that's not an issue. But they're offering extra discounts for such 'legacy' kindles.

Sorry we can't be of more help. As Linda mentioned, the board is much less active than it was when it started nearly 15 years ago -- when Kindle was a New Thing. Back then there was lots of discussion about how best to set it up and what features we liked and wished we had, etc. And there wasn't really anywhere else to go for such discussion.Now we mostly just use 'em and occasionally chat about books or new ones coming out or software updates.

Good Luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts