Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday night I ordered a Kindle 3G with special offers. In the interest of thrift I had it shipped Super Saver. I was expecting to get it next Tuesday or Wednesday. The package tracking website says it's out for delivery. Before the holiday weekend. I had planned to spend the entire 3-day weekend worrying about when my Kindle would arrive. Now it appears I'll have to read instead. I'm really bummed... ;)

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
Wow.  That is a bummer. ;D

Though, there is something inherently enjoyable about "KindleWatch".  At least you'll have today to fret!

·
Registered
480 Posts
That's rough.

You could practice a bit of Stoicism and put the package unopened, in a closet somewhere and not open it 'til... nah!

;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Miss Moneypenny said:
Tuesday night I ordered a Kindle 3G with special offers. In the interest of thrift I had it shipped Super Saver. I was expecting to get it next Tuesday or Wednesday. The package tracking website says it's out for delivery. Before the holiday weekend. I had planned to spend the entire 3-day weekend worrying about when my Kindle would arrive. Now it appears I'll have to read instead. I'm really bummed... ;)
Look at it this way, you should be eligible for the $30 Lighted Cover offer (50% off). That offer can be claimed until midnight on the 28th.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
But just think, now you can play with it all weekend and this gives you much more time to spend money adding books to it. ;D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kindle was on my porch before 11 am. I alleviated the hurt and anger I felt by taking advantage of the 50% off lighted cover deal. I feel much better now that I am waiting for the cover to ship!!  ;)

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
Miss Moneypenny said:
Kindle was on my porch before 11 am.
That explains why you disappeared after you posted! ;)

I alleviated the hurt and anger I felt by taking advantage of the 50% off lighted cover deal. I feel much better now that I am waiting for the cover to ship!! ;)
Good plan. . . .have you checked its status yet? ::) :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good news! It's "Shipping Soon" Now I can spend my entire weekend (in between novels lounging poolside!) checking its status! Yay me! hahaha

Ann in Arlington said:
That explains why you disappeared after you posted! ;)

Good plan. . . .have you checked its status yet? ::) :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
tubemonkey said:
Look at it this way, you should be eligible for the $30 Lighted Cover offer (50% off). That offer can be claimed until midnight on the 28th.
I just took advantage of that offer today. I purchased a KSO for my brother yesterday, he received it today,,,and then we took advantage of the offer on the cover today and it should get there tomorrow! too cool!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Thanks for the funny thread! I had gotten the K3, 3G with the $25.00 coupon last month. I would have loved that deal  for the cover. Anyway, I had also ordered my father the K3, wifi SO before I ordered mine. I ordered mine at night & the next day, when I spotted the Amazon box, I had thought that it was my father's. He opens the box, & it's a white kindle. It took me a beat to realize that mine arrived 1st, overnight. My father's arrived the next day, just 1 day early for his Birthday. My father was so excited just to wait until the next day for his kindle, since it was a surprise. I had to track it"s location for him.

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
;D. . . .o.k. . . . now that's really kind of funny. ::)

But. . . .enjoy! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts