Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found with 700 books even on a 4GB card that my Kindle1 turned the pages slowly.  Took forever searching.  Took longer in using the dictionary etc.

Today I removed the SD card and left 35 plus books in my Kindle internal memory.  I liked having all my books on the Kindle but now everything is faster and working better. 

·
Registered
918 Posts
I did the same thing. I had 300 books on my 4gb sd card, but then page turns and dictionary got slower so I took the sd card out and left 5 books on my kindle. Now, it's running faster. I just put the sd card in the pocket of my oberon cover just in case I want to read some random books.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reemixx said:
Had the 700 books on the 4GB card been indexed completely?
Yes, indexed completely and all books bought from Amazon.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Avalon3 #888 said:
Yes, indexed completely and all books bought from Amazon.
Fair enough. Thanks for the info then, as I did always wonder how the K1 handled large libraries. Might just stick with a 1 or 2 gig card, maximum. Doubt I'll fill it to anywhere near your 700, but still good to know.

700. Wow that's a LOT of reading. :)

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
I think Amazon only ever recommended up using an SD card up to 2 Gb.  Maybe this is why.  I have a 2 Gb, not nearly full, but haven't had any problems.  I probably have upwards of 300 books/samples in total between it and main Kindle memory.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
I think Amazon only ever recommended up using an SD card up to 2 Gb. Maybe this is why. I have a 2 Gb, not nearly full, but haven't had any problems. I probably have upwards of 300 books/samples in total between it and main Kindle memory.
My 1GB card was filled so I copied everything to the 4GB card which I had on hand. I thought going to the larger card would make an improvement but it didn't. The big difference was removing the card and limiting the books on the internal memory. I'll just carry the extra books on different SD cards.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
reemixx said:
700. Wow that's a LOT of reading. :)
My sister is under my account and we both read a lot of the same books. It's hard to find enough time to read. Now that television is reruns I'll have more time to read.

I read some of your early posts last night. Welcome to the Kindle Boards and glad you have a K1. Good choice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts