Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got my K2 today, but when I try to go into the Experimental screen and choose Anything other than Basic Web, the cursor does not move. At first I thought I had broken my navigation button already, but no, it works everywhere else.

Anybody else having this problem?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I think it's a feature, not a bug. Basic Web is the only thing that is available until you add MP3s

Once you load some MP3s, it appears that Play MP3s will be available as a choice.

Text to Speech is available from within a book, not from the Experimental menu, so while the feature is described there, you will not be able to access it from there.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I was confused by that too.

so how about this navigation question...  If I'm in a book and use the text key to bring up the font menu, I can scroll to turn on text-to-speech, but the Speech Rate and Speaking Voice are grayed out.  How can I change the voice and rate?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Yep, after you turn on text to speech, you can change the options by clicking on the font key, and choosing each option with the controller.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Yep, after you turn on text to speech, you can change the options by clicking on the font key, and choosing each option with the controller.
Silly me, now that you say that it's obvious :)
I wasn't re-hitting the font key after the voice started.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I love that you can pause the text to speech with the spacebar. It sounds a lot better than I thought it would also.

Melissa

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks pidgeon92. I was panicing and thought I had a problem with the 5-way controller. I couldn't get it to move on the experimental page, either. The user guide doesn't explain the navigation clearly at all. What you say makes sense. I can relax now and enjoy my newly delivered K2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts