Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kindle2 attaches firmly within the Amazon leather cover, using metal clasps to its left side. But the right side is free to swing when the cover is opened or closed. I was concerned that damage to the Kindle was possible because of that freedom of motion. So I made a simple fix, using short lengths of elastic tape from my wife's sewing box and some super glue (glued to the cover, not to the Kindle). The new tapes wrap around the free corners of the Kindle to hold them securely in place.

http://f.imagehost.org/0154/Kindle-cover-mod.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bookworm.

I was concerned that the damage shown in another thread. "amazon leather cover's hinges cracked my kindle 2", might have been precipitated by the free-swinging Kindle. So, the new elastic strips hold the corners in place to prevent the swing.

·
Registered
21,588 Posts
This is a slick solution.
Thanks for sharing.

This is pretty much what M-edge has done with the Go cover.
It costs the same as the Amazon cover and has color/texture options.
And It has the corner elastic pieces already done.
And most importantly it still has the Amazon hinge that some covers do not.
But this is a great fix to the standard Amazon cover.
Thanks again.

Just sayin.....

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Dave said:
The Kindle2 attaches firmly within the Amazon leather cover, using metal clasps to its left side. But the right side is free to swing when the cover is opened or closed. I was concerned that damage to the Kindle was possible because of that freedom of motion. So I made a simple fix, using short lengths of elastic tape from my wife's sewing box and some super glue (glued to the cover, not to the Kindle). The new tapes wrap around the free corners of the Kindle to hold them securely in place.

http://f.imagehost.org/0154/Kindle-cover-mod.jpg
that is really smart - good job :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts