Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 957 Posts

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new here at KB, Joining Dec. 23,2008 Therefore, I thought a review of the growth of this board may help to understand the small server problems we are having at this time.
11/2007 started with 10 members
9/08 membership had grown to 35
10/08     242 new members
11/08     573 new members
12/08     525 new members
1/09      416 new members
2/09      689 new members
3/09      273 new members ( so far!)
As you can see, there has been tremendous growth in the membership here in the last 6 months, Resulting in addition posts,  topics, pictures,etc.
While we are being moved around to better equipment, We need to remember that all of this happened in a short while, and things will be even better very shortly.
Information from KindleBoards statistics center
edit. Mods, feel free to move this to wherever it seems more appropriate.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am proud to say, I joined back in April, 2008. Of course, things were sort of quiet then....LOL.

L

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Holy cow, in 9/08 KB had 35 members. I never would have guessed. My congratulations to Leslie, Harvey, and all of you who pushed and prodded this board forward. A fantastic job. You should all be proud and receive much acclaim.

Steve

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
^ Yeah, and most of those 35 were me and my family members. :)

Fortunately in October 2008, Leslie had a vision (hallucination?) that something special could be built here. And then, she done done it.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
stevene9 said:
Holy cow, in 9/08 KB had 35 members. I never would have guessed. My congratulations to Leslie, Harvey, and all of you who pushed and prodded this board forward. A fantastic job. You should all be proud and receive much acclaim.

Steve
Thank you, Steve. I appreciate your kind words!

I will say, when I joined back in April, Harvey was very welcoming and great. The trouble is...the place was sort of quiet. It's hard to sustain a forum on 10 or 20 messages a day.

Then, in October, the climate changed...LOL

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Encender Vaquero said:
It was that damn siren Leslie's come-hither look...I was powerless to resist.
C'mere cowboy...(Leslie winks seductively...)

(Online is great. I can do things I can't do in real life. Like call men cowboy. And wink.)

L

·
Registered
493 Posts
Leslie said:
C'mere cowboy...(Leslie winks seductively...)

(Online is great. I can do things I can't do in real life. Like call men cowboy. And wink.)

L
um, is it coordination or a multi-tasking issue? ;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Leslie said:
I have never been able to wink, but I love men who can. ;)

L
Advanced winking was my college major; minored in the mischievous smirk. Never try both at the same time though, trust me--you'll hear something along the lines of, "Oh my God! Somebody call 911--that man is having a stroke!"

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm glad to see so much new blood here. It's amazing how quickly this place has grown in the last few months. I have a feeling the board will continue to grow as Kindle adoption rates increase. :)

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I was one of the November group. Like most of us, I saw Leslie's "spam" on the Amazon boards and decided to give this place a try. Haven't looked back since. It's wonderful.

1 - 20 of 957 Posts