Kindle Forum banner
61 - 80 of 957 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
MAGreen said:
Now my only issue is between being on here and reading my Kindle, I hardly have time to get anything done! I love the community here.
LOL. I hear you I spend my lunch hour now trying to keep up with all the posts. I don't get out on the boards much on the weekends (then I am in deep communion with my Kindle) so come Monday I have so much to catch up on. One lunch hour just doesn't cut it!

·
Registered
21,588 Posts
Congratulations Harvey and Leslie.
This is a great board that you have built.
And you are maintaining it and "herding the cats" better than WE can expect.
And adding new helpers like Luv.
I was also a lurker over on Amazon - just posted a little.  Too confusing.
Got my K2 and came right over here.  Just love this resource.
I was with General Electric when we put timesharing in the marketplace in the mid 60's.
God did I just say the mid 60's..........yes I guess I did.
I was leading technology in a little firm known as The Source in the early 80's.
So I am used to the joys and sorrows of the online community.  I hope your efforts keep growing - good luck you have my support (for what it is worth).

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm glad I found this board, and Leslie, you were directly resposible for it.
I had been going to Amazon every day and was getting tired of all the rude people there. I was about to give up on any kind of online community at all, then I saw some of your posts.
You were so kind and patient, and I thought if all of kindleboards was like you it would be great.
I haven't been disappointed. :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Thanks, everyone.

I love the people here, too. I love getting online in the morning, having a cup of coffee, and catching up with old and new friends. I am thrilled we have so many people joining us.

L

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
kevindorsey said:
As K2 sales get bigger, this board will continue growing. More fantastic threads to explore, and probably more newbie questions to answer.
No doubt, newbie's might even bring up certain points that nobody really thought about. 8)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Here is the update for this week:

As you can see, we are averaging 22 new members a day
We have the second highest page total, the forth highest new
topics & new posts for a month with 10 days to go.
Total membership - 2953
In fact every figure save one looks good.
Unfortunately, women still outnumber men by better than 2 to 1 ;)
Guys, we need to do a better job of recruiting!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Depends if you are dating or being ganged up on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I must be an odd person out.  I knew about the kindle, even thought about getting one, but couldn't make myself spend the money.  Looked at it every now and then, but that is it.  Then I was reading a topic on the Cruise Critic boards (I don't even remember what the original subject was) and someone mentioned a kindle.  Another poster responded and then this board was referanced and I began lurking.  I ended up buying a sony because it was cheaper but then the k2 came out and I adopted a used k1.  Haven't picked up my sony since.  LOL.  The support here is awsome!!

Dot

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
dablab said:
I must be an odd person out. I knew about the kindle, even thought about getting one, but couldn't make myself spend the money. Looked at it every now and then, but that is it. Then I was reading a topic on the Cruise Critic boards (I don't even remember what the original subject was) and someone mentioned a kindle. Another poster responded and then this board was referanced and I began lurking. I ended up buying a sony because it was cheaper but then the k2 came out and I adopted a used k1. Haven't picked up my sony since. LOL. The support here is awsome!!

Dot
Even though you took the scenic route to get here, we're glad you're here. Glad to know you love your K.
deb

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
dablab said:
I must be an odd person out. I knew about the kindle, even thought about getting one, but couldn't make myself spend the money. Looked at it every now and then, but that is it. Then I was reading a topic on the Cruise Critic boards (I don't even remember what the original subject was) and someone mentioned a kindle. Another poster responded and then this board was referenced and I began lurking. I ended up buying a sony because it was cheaper but then the k2 came out and I adopted a used k1. Haven't picked up my sony since. LOL. The support here is awsome!!

Dot
Woohoo, Dot! Great story about getting here. Thanks for the kind words about KBoards and congrats on your K1!!!!

Betsy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Here are the figures for the end of March:

It has been one week since we welcomed our 3000th member and we have already reached 3122 in number. February skew the totals because that was when all the focus was on the K2 release and everyone was on line at one time and posting like mad. March had the second highest totals for New topics, posts and members and also most on line. Now look at the total of page views for the month. In January, Harvey was happy because we would ave one million page view for the second month in a row.
March had an increase of over 150,000 page views. Quite an ride we are on.

61 - 80 of 957 Posts