Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but is there a way to render this forum in mostly text to have it work on the Kindle?  I've read that others access KindleBoards on their own Kindle, but that it crashes.

Erich

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Harvey is away at the movies for a bit, I'm sure he'll answer you when he comes back!  I don't know the answer to this.

Betsy

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Right now our board is able to render itself for 'regular' web browsers, and also for the mobile browsers that many smart phones use.

I have brought up KindleBoards on my Kindle, and been able to navigate around a bit, but it is pretty cumbersome. I'm not sure if there's a way to improve that or not, but will keep it mind as I play with it more.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Not having reliable internet here at FIL's house, I tried accessing on my Kindle.  Could get the board and read pretty well, though cumbersome, as Harvey says.  My problem is in logging in.  It did not recognize my log in. . .said check cookies.  (I was eating cookies at the time; wonder if that matters.  :) ).  Anyway, was only able to look at posts as a guest.

Ann
(not sending from Kindle. :( )

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Yeah, I think the cookies are a big sticking point, if you'll pardon the pun. ;D

The Kindle really wasn't meant for that sort of thing, and it's functionality is very rudimentary - storing cookies and caching information, as far as I know, isn't something it can do. So logging in probably won't work...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True.  It was never meant to be...  :'(

Erich

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But you'll be reading in the sun, so that makes everything worth it!

Erich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts