Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I like to see what's "hot" on Amazon, in various genres, without having to go to multiple Amazon pages. I've put together a web page that shows the top-selling books from Amazon's Kindle Store, by genre - all on one page.

KindleBoards' "Amazon Top 10s"

The page gets its info dynamically from the Amazon database, so it's always current.

Here are some screenshots. (Click any one to go to the actual page.)






You can page down to see more genres, and you can scroll right to see books beyond the top 10.

Let me know if this is of any interest, or if you have suggestions for improving it. Thanks!

- Harvey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,204 Posts
That is awesome, Harvey!

One suggestion I have, if possible, is to implement the prices for each book. That would make it easy for us to jump on a bargain, should one be available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
CS said:
That is awesome, Harvey!

One suggestion I have, if possible, is to implement the prices for each book. That would make it easy for us to jump on a bargain, should one be available.
Awesome, Harvey! And I ditto what CS said about including the prices (which probably fluctuate far more than the actual Top 10 listings).

-Xia-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
I'm not sure the twilight series would count as childrens chapter books.  Maybe young adult but not children.  Just my opinion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
This is so great.  I think you read my mind on what I was wanting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,791 Posts
I'm guessing that's an Amazon distinction, not Harvey's (w/r/t the Twilight comment).

Harvey, you're amazing!
Excellent resource. Would it be possible to add a link to that at the top of the forums (which I know is getting crowded, but seems to still have room) where we could easily access it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
I like it!! Though I feel bad that you were working on this stuff for us in the middle of the night.  Please make sure you sleep too!  ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Thanks for a great feature Harvey!  All the great people and the info they provide are the reason I'm on these boards so often!

Kathy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you so much for your comments.

You motivate me to program MORE! More! More!  :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,204 Posts
Steph H said:
Would it be possible to add a link to that at the top of the forums (which I know is getting crowded, but seems to still have room) where we could easily access it?
I second this request.

And THANK YOU for adding the prices. MUCH appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thejackylking said:
I'm not sure the twilight series would count as childrens chapter books. Maybe young adult but not children. Just my opinion
Those categorizations are taken directly from the Amazon database... and there are some that seem to be miscategorized. (The Glass Castle, for example, in the Advice genre...? Also, the King James Bible being a topseller in the Fiction category might prompt some wry comments.)

I've noticed that miscategorizations seems to occur more often in the Kindle Store than in Amazon's book store. Maybe it is still getting refined by Amazon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Steph H said:
I'm guessing that's an Amazon distinction, not Harvey's (w/r/t the Twilight comment).

Harvey, you're amazing!
Excellent resource. Would it be possible to add a link to that at the top of the forums (which I know is getting crowded, but seems to still have room) where we could easily access it?
Thank you! Good idea, I've added a link to this at the top menu. I also cleaned up our menu a bit - took out the refurb link as it is covered right now by the refurb-checker in the second menu line.

Thanks for the great suggestions on improving the Top 10 page.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,245 Posts
Harvey, this is great.  I assume that if we purchase a book through this page you still get the kickback?

Ann
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top