Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from a new Kindle owner, new (n00b) member here, and long-time reader. I received my Kindle 2.0 last Wednesday, and have been busy downloading, reading, etc. ever since. I'm currently sitting here watching my as-yet-unnamed Kindle download and install the 2.0.1 update (it's been working for about 5 minutes thus far). My work sometimes takes me on the road between Seattle and Portland and, with the vagaries of traffic and weather, I often wind up arriving early or pulling off the road to sidestep traffic. My new Kindle guarantees I'll be entertained during these breaks.

I've downloaded about seven screens of classics from Feedbooks and Free Kindle Books that I'm planning on planning on working through soon, as well as the following from Amazon.com:

• The Shack (into chapter five)
  • Financial Times (daily subscription)
  • Anti-Cancer (into chapter two)
  • Rocket Boys (completed)
  • 365-day Study Bible (into day four)
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff (into chapter twenty three)
  • Daily Amazon Blog (don't care for this)
  • Some test documents converted from .pdf

Looks like I'll be making both Jeff Bezos and Amazon shareholders very happy people. Luckily, I had some gift certificates saved up, so I'm coasting on credit for now. Anyways, thanks for the tremendous resource here @ KindleBoards. I've learned a lot, and wound up purchasing one of those incredible Oberon covers based on recommendations I've read.

- Bibliophile

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome! Happy to hear you ordered a beautiful Oberon cover, you won't be disappointed. If you have a chance stop by our One Year Bible Group for a visit.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Bibliophile!  You have found a forum made up of dedicated readers like yourself. The Book Corner area has several ideas for cheap and free reads to give you gift cards time to cool off.  ;D  As you have probably already found, the Accessories area will give you plenty of ideas glam up your Kindle and to heat your credit cards up. :)  Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice to have you here.  :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Bibliophile!  We have had a lot of NWesterners join this past week - trying to take the lead from Florida?  We have lots of folks from NYC, VA, Texas, etc., all trying to be the most kindleboarders  ::)

Keep us posted on what you find good to read.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Bibliophile and welcome to KindleBoards. I, too, have MANY books from feedbooks and still trying to figure out when I am going to read them all!! : D  Glad you have you here!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the kind words of welcome.  I've been busy scaring myself by reading Anticancer: A New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber - yikes!  Anyways, over the past few years I had gradually drifted away from reading in favor of TV "vegging".  I'm using the Kindle as a catalyst for change in my life by re-focusing on reading, and placing the television lower on my list of priorities.  Once I get to the 30-day mark, I hope to have kicked the TV habit, giving me more time for reading.  It might be interesting to see how many other people here are in the same boat.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome, it looks like you jumped right in with both feet.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
jp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts