Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

A little advice, if you don't mind.  I'll be taking my Kindle to the beach for the first time next month.  I'm worried about sand getting into the buttons and screen.  Has anyone taken their Kindle to the beach before, and if so, what advice can you offer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Get a Trendy Digital WaterGuard waterproof case.

I put mine in the case upside down, otherwise the power/sleep switch isn't accessible without opening the bag.

Anyway, this ought to keep sand AND water out!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have that same back. It works great! I go to the walking park and walk and read and use it when it's misty out. I have been thinking about using it even when it's nice so I can hang it around my neck in case I drop it lol.

Melissa

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Trendy Digital has a wonderful water proof sand proof bag, some people use a zip lock, there will be a lot of folks giving you all kinds of advise, but this has been done.

Congratulations on your first post, please stop by the Intro/Welcome thread and tell us a little about you and give more people the opportunity to welcome you to kindleboards.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
bamaspride said:
All,

A little advice, if you don't mind. I'll be taking my Kindle to the beach for the first time next month. I'm worried about sand getting into the buttons and screen. Has anyone taken their Kindle to the beach before, and if so, what advice can you offer?

Thanks!
Welcome, bamaspride! I live in Florida for part of the year and I'm always at the beach or near the pool. I have a screen protector (Boxwave's anti-glare) and a KwikTec DryPak 9 x11" bag with silica gel drying device inserted to prevent condensation. Works well for me.

I don't really like the shininess of the crystal clear bag while reading, but I put up with it because protection from the sand is all important to me. I've been on the beach on a breezy day and bits of sand and debris have landed on the bag and I'm glad it's not landing on my Kindle.

The trendy digital bag looks nice but I haven't tried it because it doesn't look like my silica gel pack will fit in it along with the Kindle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!  I'm going to try the Trendy Digital bag and then I'll let everyone know how it works.

I'm a long time lurker first time poster, so I'll stop by the intro thread for a proper introduction!

Thanks again for the help!

BP.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Have heard good things about these waterproof cases but have never used them personally.  :) As a general rule of thumb, if the members here say it's good ... chances are, it is!!  ;D

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
There are lots of reviews both in the Accessories forum and the Reviews forum. . . . .check 'em out!  I have a Kwik-tek one, but have not yet had an occasion to use it.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Yep. . .that's the one I got. . . here's the KindleBoards Amazon affiliate link:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the one from Trendy Digital for my wife and she used it for three days at the beach and she said it worked perfectly for her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts