Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I bet some of these people got them for free on Oprah.  Non-readers just can't appreciate the Kindle.  Now are trying to make a few bucks off people with more money then sense that are determined to have it in time for Christmas.  Same thing happen with the Wii.  They will probably get it. 

·
Registered
102 Posts
Some un-named member of my family suggested that I put mine up there for sale at those prices  :eek:.  Ha ha - not gonna happen.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Susan M said:
Some un-named member of my family suggested that I put mine up there for sale at those prices :eek:. Ha ha - not gonna happen.
Right. Not at ANY price.

There are always people with more money than brains (which begs the question, how did they get so much money) and these sellers will probably get their price. Maybe we should check back after Christmas and see if they sold.

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
Thats just crazy. The one that is for sale at 1100 and it says used for 2 months.

I can see it now, wife or mom frantically running around the house asking, um, honey, where's my Kindle? Kid or hubby goes, I don't know nothing, I wasn't even there.  :D

Then in time for Valentines, look honey, I got you a new one since you lost your other one.  ;D

Surely nobody is going to pay 1100 $ for a used Kindle, right? Right?  ???

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
With the current state of the economy, a few people may actually be selling them just to put food on the table.  I'm sure most are just taking advantage of the lack of inventory at Amazon, though. 

I'm not parting with mine for any amount of money.  I'll sell my husband first. ;D 

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
tessa said:
wanta bet! who said theres a sucker born every minuet I think he ran a circus?
[quote author=Wikipedia]"There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase often credited to P.T. Barnum (1810 - 1891), an American showman. It is generally taken to mean that there are (and always will be) a lot of gullible people in the world.

However, when Barnum's biographer tried to track down when Barnum had uttered this phrase, all of Barnum's friends and acquaintances told him it was out of character. Barnum's credo was more along the lines of "there's a customer born every minute" - he wanted to find ways to draw new customers in all the time because competition was fierce and people could become bored easily.[/quote]

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Now many of you say you would not sell your Kindle for ANY amount of money. Now come on, let's be real. If I offered $1,000,000 for a Kindle, immediately delivery, you would be falling all over each other to sell me yours. It's like the old saying. The woman says I am not a whore. The man says would you sleep with me for one night for $10,000,000. She has to admit she would. He then says, "OK we've established what you are, now its only the price to negotiate". Any of you can have my Kindle for $1,000,000 - Hell, I'll sell for $100,000 cash. I can wait the several weeks to get a new one.

Steve

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
stevene9 said:
Now many of you say you would not sell your Kindle for ANY amount of money. Now come on, let's be real. If I offered $1,000,000 for a Kindle, immediately delivery, you would be falling all over each other to sell me yours. It's like the old saying. The woman says I am not a whore. The man says would you sleep with me for one night for $10,000,000. She has to admit she would. He then says, "OK we've established what you are, now its only the price to negotiate". Any of you can have my Kindle for $1,000,000 - Hell, I'll sell for $100,000 cash. I can wait the several weeks to get a new one.

Steve
True. Having just spent a significant amount on a new fence, $1,000 would be a nice chunk of change.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well, if they start going for $1000 I'd seriously consider selling mine!  It would pay for my Christmas vacation and buy a new Kindle.  Sure I'd have to wait for the new one but I think I could manage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts