Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in Denver we're having blizzard conditions.  The schools were mostly closed before it even started snowing this morning, non-essential personnel were told to stay home, and now a lot of people are being let out early.  I went to work and had a meeting downtown.  It took me an hour and a half to make it back to the office.  But as I watched cars spin their wheels fruitlessly and slowly crept along, I had a comforting thought, "at least I have my Kindle in my purse, I can read while I wait for the highway patrol."

I'm not sure when I'm going to brave the drive home.

Lara Amber

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Well the most important thing is that you have a kindle....and an internet connection to post with us.
Safe is nice but ......

Seriously - you might want to consider staying there until conditions are better.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yea, splurge on a nice hotel, with a Jacuzzi tub.  Just you and your Kindle, (and a Ziploc bag).  No kayos from home.  And you have a legit reason.

·
Registered
286 Posts
bookfiend said:
Yea, splurge on a nice hotel, with a Jacuzzi tub. Just you and your Kindle, (and a Ziploc bag). No kayos from home. And you have a legit reason.
That sounds like a perfect plan to me!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
LaraAmber said:
I got safely home and had a pot pie. Now it's time to snuggle in the blankies with my K2.

Lara Amber
sounds like the perfect plan to me ;D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Snow is starting here soon. We are supposed to get up to 2 feet and blizzard like conditions. Winds 50 mph. :eek: Getting my K2 charged up just in case we lose power.

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
jeremy81 said:
Snow is starting here soon. We are supposed to get up to 2 feet and blizzard like conditions. Winds 50 mph. :eek: Getting my K2 charger up just in case we lose power.
Good plan on having your Kindle fully charged in anticipation! Southern Iowa is expecting ONLY 4-6 inches starting tomorrow night (I guess the 1st Day of Spring was merely printing on the calendar), so I will do the same!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think I'm a bit of a freak. When the weather starts looking bad, my first move is to make sure my Kindle is charged up just in case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts