Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a cover a while back, but was growing bored with it. So I decided to dress up the old original one. Slap a little Velcro on the inside and it's not as bad as I first thought it was. I think it'll do for now :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Kinderelli- That's a fantastic cover!  Please tell us how you made it.
Thanks,
Sheryl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i'm glad someone other than me thinks it's cute :)

It was easy, I just took a piece of scrap material, sewed around the edges to give it a bit more nice look, and then used a glue gun. I used to make purses out of old ties, so I dug through my left overs and used one of them for the strappie.....latch....thing (I think the glue has affected my brain). And then glued a button on for added decoration.

- Kendra

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous, you did a great job Kendra. How cool to have a cover that no one else will have. Unfortunately I'm not that creative, my sewing talent is buttons only.  ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome Kendra! Wow, what a great cover (not to mention creative idea!), thanks for showing it off to us! ;D

Nemo

·
Registered
629 Posts
Beautiful cover kinderelli and very creative! I have the her abstraction skin also ;) Welcome to kindleboards :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sebat said:
Very nice. I like your dolphin screen saver, too. Did you draw that?
I wish! I can make just about anything, but drawing was never one of my talents. I just found that online :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I love it, I was going to ask you bought it before I read that you made it. LOVE it!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
What a fabulous job! It is beautiful!!! You are so creative!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wow - I love everything about that cover!  The button is absolutely perfect for the fabric, and the textures and colors just make me want to stare at it.  Have you considered doing this and selling the covers?  You really have a talent for it...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts